No More Excuses...Please Help A Wannabe Songwriter

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Perhaps I should consult with wagtunes on my response to your flame baiting... because I just got my one and only warning from him... :lol:

You guys are entertaining. Really. :party:

Hink wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:07 pm it's time to put an end to the bickering please
For sure. Move on with the thread topic. Get back on course. I stated my opinion and I can leave room for others. That's all.

@wags: I just noticed this in another KVR thread: viewtopic.php?p=7481634

If you can get to Manhattan on Sep 7, maybe you should enter this Songwriting Competition?

https://imsta.org/2019_nyc.php#section-topline-1
Bring your Song in to have it reviewed by an expert who will provide you with a professional critique. Song Reviews between 2-5pm.
Enter your original song submission into our 2019 Songwriting Competition to win the opportunity to attend Black Rock Studio's in Santorini, Greece

SAW75 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:47 pm Or help the guy out.
wags is kvr thread akira. why do you hate people so much.

this is what you get when measuring against each other. "oh, sure, folks, 10,000 hours is all it takes for mastery. gotta account for all teh time to draw pricks in teh urinals."

thanks hink for being an admin who realises that dude is like a trainwreck every time i snap my fingers
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Please guys, can we stop? I don't want Hink to have to close this thread. I'd like to be able to post my progress with my production music. I am asking nicely. No, I'm begging. This is important to me and I'd like to be able to chart my progress through this thread and possibly get some suggestions along the way that might help me.

Thank you

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:49 pm ohhhhh a cricket thing.
It is, but Edgbaston (where the ground is) is a posh part of Birmingham. Who would have thought such a thing existed?

Frantz wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:11 pm @wags: I just noticed this in another KVR thread: viewtopic.php?p=7481634

If you can get to Manhattan on Sep 7, maybe you should enter this Songwriting Competition?

Bring your Song in to have it reviewed by an expert who will provide you with a professional critique. Song Reviews between 2-5pm.
Enter your original song submission into our 2019 Songwriting Competition to win the opportunity to attend Black Rock Studio's in Santorini, Greece
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Aside from that, there is no way I can travel to Greece.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:34 pm
Frantz wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:11 pm @wags: I just noticed this in another KVR thread: viewtopic.php?p=7481634

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Aside from that, there is no way I can travel to Greece.
i think the prize is paying for you to get to greece?

vurt is right, you already made it!!

People perform best if they can do what lies closest to their heart.
wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:06 am my greatest feeling was having my anthems done in church. And I didn't make a penny from them. In fact, one of them was performed by the OES Choir in front of hundreds of people a couple of years ago.
There is an audience plus performers for your work, you're surrounded by them every Sunday. :dog:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:47 pm vurt is right
it was bound to happen at least once :)

toonertik wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:17 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:12 pm Its those Border Reavers you have to watch out for ...
oi... watch it...
talkin bout my ancestors like that... ;)
You're not a Campbell are you? :o

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:49 pm
toonertik wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:17 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:12 pm Its those Border Reavers you have to watch out for ...
oi... watch it...
talkin bout my ancestors like that... ;)
You're not a Campbell are you? :o
No... more Neanderthal, judging by behavioral tenancies. :hihi:

I don't remember the clan, but Camp_bell don't ring a bell.

My mother thinks Clan Donnachaidh (Robertson) but the tartan does not look like the kilt my Gandpa bought me as a kid, along with bagpipes and my journey into making terrible sounds (music... nah, not even ;) ) but I can always find vol_11.. just ask my neighbors :P

wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:32 pm Please guys, can we stop? I don't want Hink to have to close this thread. I'd like to be able to post my progress with my production music. I am asking nicely. No, I'm begging. This is important to me and I'd like to be able to chart my progress through this thread and possibly get some suggestions along the way that might help me.

Thank you
Sure. Let's keep it on topic. I look forward to reviewing your production music. I think I might take a second look at some of the other songs you posted so I can get real specific with my feedback and offer you as much help as I can.

SAW75 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:07 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:32 pm Please guys, can we stop? I don't want Hink to have to close this thread. I'd like to be able to post my progress with my production music. I am asking nicely. No, I'm begging. This is important to me and I'd like to be able to chart my progress through this thread and possibly get some suggestions along the way that might help me.

Thank you
Sure. Let's keep it on topic. I look forward to reviewing your production music. I think I might take a second look at some of the other songs you posted so I can get real specific with my feedback and offer you as much help as I can.
Well, it's going to be a while. I'm still in the process of going through the sites to see what kind of material is being submitted and accepted. I have a 12 week wait just to find out of Music Vine will even take me. So it might be some time before I post anything here.

Earlier in this thread, Benedict asked me what I was afraid of and I said nothing. Well, that may have been true when I was writing pop songs, but now that I'm changing career paths, I noticed something that I can't just brush to the side.

This guy who can, and has, knocked out a song a day, in sitting here doing nothing. I'm using a 12 week wait to get approved by Music Vine as an excuse for not doing anything beforehand. The truth is, I should get right to work this morning on doing production music. But I'm not. And the reason is simple. I'm scared that I'm going to do all this music, which is going to take a considerable amount of time to build up a large library of work, and it's all going to be for nothing. Every site will reject me and nobody will want my library music any more than they wanted my pop music. And the thought that that might be a reality is just too much for me to deal with. I'd rather just do nothing.

Wrong attitude? Of course it is. It's the kind of fear I never had doing pop songs or I would have never written so many. But having been through all that and having nothing to show for it, I just don't want to go down that road again. I think it would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

But if I do nothing then I have absolutely no chance to succeed. That's a 100% given. It's like Wayne Gretzky said. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I realize this is something I have to work through myself. Nobody here can make me overcome my fear of yet another failure. I'm hoping I can motivate myself today to at least start one song. But then I still have the problem of not having a clue what kind of music I want to write. There is so much out there that is viable. What if I choose the wrong thing? That's why I'm trying to study the tracks that are out there and, supposedly, selling. Though I can't really know for sure since I have no access to sales figures. For all I know, every track I've listened to could have zero sales between the lot of them. There's just no way to know.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough. Today I'm going to do something, even if it's just open up my DAW and record a few notes. But if I don't get started, nothing will ever get done.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”