No More Excuses...Please Help A Wannabe Songwriter

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:25 am You know, here's a thought. Everybody busting my balls that maybe I haven't "done enough" maybe I just don't have enough talent and THAT'S why I haven't made it. Maybe as a songwriter I'm average at best. Maybe THAT'S the reason and not because of anything I've done or haven't done.

Again, it's you who started the thread to show that you were done with excuses, and that you had to at least try everything you could so as to not regret it at some point.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:28 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:06 amIn fact, welcome to my ignore list.
Hey man! Welcome! :hug:
I thought Wannabe Songwriters did not want to be ignored? "Antisocial songwriter" seems an oxymoron. Perhaps this is the problem :idea:

[PS: I am also on Wagtunes ignore list! :love: ]
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

xoxos wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:47 am
deastman wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:16 am You’re both talking past each other and not even about the same thing.
if you haven't seen the 1987 production of dream of the red chamber, the music, and all parts, were well acclaimed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xOsK7a0t3c

the narrative itself gives perspective to the tragedies of the ages.
I never.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:25 am You know, here's a thought. Everybody busting my balls that maybe I haven't "done enough" maybe I just don't have enough talent and THAT'S why I haven't made it. Maybe as a songwriter I'm average at best. Maybe THAT'S the reason and not because of anything I've done or haven't done.
Although it sounds cynical, I honestly believe that talent is the least important skill to have in becoming successful. I suspect a lot more people get their break because of the way they look, or their social skills, or because they’re someone’s nephew. How many lyrics or chords are in the average contemporary pop song? You have sufficient talent.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

:help:
https://benedictroffmarsh.com/2019/03/0 ... o-with-it/
:hug:

Benedict wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:00 am
:help:
https://benedictroffmarsh.com/2019/03/0 ... o-with-it/
:hug:
Interesting article. So, are you making me an offer? If yes, I accept. What do I have to do?

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:25 am You know, here's a thought. Everybody busting my balls that maybe I haven't "done enough" maybe I just don't have enough talent and THAT'S why I haven't made it.
what do you expect from people.

if people knew the answer for "why isn't my music composer career?" as a forum post, then probably it would hapen more.

but seriously, i'd expect the cryptocracy to be on that already, like some useful idiot got to be the poster child for "my forum post launched my music career! for reals!"
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:11 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:25 am You know, here's a thought. Everybody busting my balls that maybe I haven't "done enough" maybe I just don't have enough talent and THAT'S why I haven't made it.
what do you expect from people.

if people knew the answer for "why isn't my music composer career?" as a forum post, then probably it would hapen more.

but seriously, i'd expect the cryptocracy to be on that already, like some useful idiot got to be the poster child for "my forum post launched my music career! for reals!"
And another one for the ignore list, especially since half the time I don't know what the hell you're talking about anyway.

Yes, you hopeless doofus. LOL. I already did remember ;-)

Why not work your way through that Artist Development Course linked a couple of pages back (or just find it in Tutorials)? Do the Homework. Write it out & all - like I was Uncle Satan, sorry I meant Mr Sony. Identifying & Addressing the Fears is what the whole course is about. Once we have that in-the-bag we will work on music :hyper:

I'll let you choose if you want to do that privately or publically (right here in this Foum setting, or on the actual pages). I'd love to see you do it publically as it can help many people to see what happens in this sort of setting (the lesser discussed side of being a Manager/A&R/Producer person). It will be harder to end-run around the fears if it is public. I'll know either way :scared:

:-)

Delete.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Benedict wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:20 am Yes, you hopeless doofus. LOL. I already did remember ;-)

Why not work your way through that Artist Development Course linked a couple of pages back (or just find it in Tutorials)? Do the Homework. Write it out & all - like I was Uncle Satan, sorry I meant Mr Sony. Identifying & Addressing the Fears is what the whole course is about. Once we have that in-the-bag we will work on music :hyper:

I'll let you choose if you want to do that privately or publically (right here in this Foum setting, or on the actual pages). I'd love to see you do it publically as it can help many people to see what happens in this sort of setting (the lesser discussed side of being a Manager/A&R/Producer person). It will be harder to end-run around the fears if it is public. I'll know either way :scared:

You got a deal. How much is the course?

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:21 am
Benedict wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:20 am Yes, you hopeless doofus. LOL. I already did remember ;-)

The unkindest ask of all. Time. Mu ha ha ha ha.

Benedict wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:24 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:21 am

The unkindest ask of all. Time. Mu ha ha ha ha.
Can't pass that up. I'll start first thing in the morning. Off to bed in a few.

No one's busting your balls. You were the one who said "no more excuses", but you don't want to hear it when someone else tells you "no more excuses" when you pepper this thread with excuses.

You've set up your own world view that you have done everything humanly possible to succeed and then some, so your lack of success must be the world conspiring against you, but anyone who (sometimes at your request) questions that world view is personally attacking you in some way.

Using the ignore list to filter out the answers that don't support your world view makes your questions and requests for advice meaningless. Rose colored spectacles are never a good idea.

It's a type of trolling, spamming and self-advertising.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”