No More Excuses...Please Help A Wannabe Songwriter

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pretty sure the middle one is my ex...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:20 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:11 pm i just thought it was a factual pic.
its f**king hot :cry:

THIS is a factual pic ...

:lol:

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:51 pm pretty sure the middle one is my ex...
:hihi:

Came back a day early because of problems with the town where I live. Long story.

Anyway, glad to see everybody has been having a good time while I was away.

Time off has put all of this into perspective for me. Ultimately, this is what it comes down to. But first, a relevant story about my vacation.

While we were down in Atlantic City, some guy tried to sell us a time share. They went through this whole big presentation. The whole thing was like 2 hours. Ultimately, when they got to the bottom line (what we'd be getting and how much it would cost) it was out of our budget. Had they just gotten down to the bottom line to start, we could have both saved us a lot of time.

Why am I bringing this up?

Benedict gave me the impression that he was willing to help me. Actually, the offer was so subtle (made quite some time ago actually) that I missed it. And kept missing it until finally he had to call me a doofus to get my attention.

Okay, he got my attention. I asked him what he would do for me. He told me first that he wanted me to read some articles and answer the questions at the end of each one. I did. After he read my answers, he to me that he wasn't satisfied with them. So we went through the questions again (the first couple) and re-answered them. He still didn't like my answers for question 2.

Finally, I realized, that this wasn't going to happen until I had completely, to his satisfaction, answered each question, something that might never happen if I can't give him the answers he wants, even though the answers were the best I could do and totally honest. If you like, I can post the questions and the answers. I don't think Benedict will mind. The one, I totally bared my soul and poured my heart out and yet he still wasn't satisfied with the answer.

At this point, I decided that I'm just going to cut my losses. If he really wanted to help me with my career, he wouldn't put me through all this, especially since, ultimately, the only thing that matters is the music. Either my music is good enough or it isn't. He himself said that he loved "At The End Of The Day" and would, I quote..."Love to have it on a record."

So what's stopping that from happening? That I can't answer a question the way he wants? To me, that's ridiculous. But hey, I understand that it's his time and he doesn't owe me a thing. If he doesn't want to help me, he doesn't have to. Except it works both ways. I don't have to jump through all these hoops.

But Wags, if this career REALLY meant that much to you, wouldn't you jump through ANY hoop to make it happen?

It was then that I realized that this career really DOESN'T mean that much to me.

When that realization hit me, I was finally able to put all of this into perspective. If it happens, great. If Benedict helps make it happen, in which case there's something financially in it for him too, then even better. But if it doesn't happen, I can live with it.

And that's where I am.

Anyway, I'm back and things are going to be a lot calmer around here as far as I'm concerned. Again, I'm sorry to everybody who I was rude to. I mean that sincerely. I know there are some who will not accept my apology and that's fine.

I'm never going to make the whole world love me.

that would be one hell of an orgy if you could :o

welcome back, hope you feel rested even with the cutting it short :)

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:21 pm that would be one hell of an orgy if you could :o

welcome back, hope you feel rested even with the cutting it short :)
Thank you Vurt. It's good to be back.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:00 pm

Well, whatever happens, you've got a song title out of it..

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:07 pm

Same number of words as...

"It's The End Of The World As We Know It"

Wonder if that's a coincidence.

Perhaps reduce the world to a special group of people or even that one person who you wish would love you. Like Bonnie Raitt does brilliantly in her ballad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW9Cu6GYqxo

Etienne1973 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:36 pm Perhaps reduce the world to a special group of people or even that one person who you wish would love you. Like Bonnie Raitt does brilliantly in her ballad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW9Cu6GYqxo
Yeah, and even she failed :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:16 pm

It might be. It might not be.

You certainly have the emotional understanding of this with which to write a song from multiple perspectives - or, indeed, twist the narrative and question how it is that you cannot be hated - that could lead to some dark writings.

Plenty of fuel for the fire there.

I wouldn't bias your desire or perceived ability to become a professional songwriter with the abstract concept of satisfying any set of questions. But you seem to repeat a pattern of behaviour in equating your inability to answer questions to Benedict's standards with your ability as a songwriter - transferring your anxieties from the music industry onto Benedict's system/course. No offense to Benedict's efforts - as I do think he has gone out of his way to try and help.

"Satisfaction" seems to be a word that is central to all of this.

Sorry you were hassled by time-share vultures though. Glad you're back in one piece!

Unaspected wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:18 pm

I think someone's already done that one.

Unaspected wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:18 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:16 pm

It might be. It might not be.

You certainly have the emotional understanding of this with which to write a song from multiple perspectives - or, indeed, twist the narrative and question how it is that you cannot be hated - that could lead to some dark writings.

Plenty of fuel for the fire there.

I wouldn't bias your desire or perceived ability to become a professional songwriter with the abstract concept of satisfying any set of questions. But you seem to repeat a pattern of behaviour in equating your inability to answer questions to Benedict's standards with your ability as a songwriter - transferring your anxieties from the music industry onto Benedict's system/course. No offense to Benedict's efforts - as I do think he has gone out of his way to try and help.

Sorry you were hassled by time-share vultures though. Glad you're back in one piece!
Well, all I'm doing is stating facts. Perhaps I did not make myself clear.

Benedict asked me questions.
I answered the questions.
He was not happy with my answers and wanted me to try again.

I am assuming that he will not move forward with whatever help he intends to give me until I answer those questions to his satisfaction.

My reason for believing this to be the case?

He said he liked my song "At The End Of The Day" and would like to have it on a record. I take that to mean that he wants to produce it. If that were truly the case, we'd be moving forward with doing just that.

Instead, he wants me to answer a set of questions until he is satisfied with my answers.

How much clearer can I make the situation and how else am I supposed to interpret these events?

I mean if I'm a producer, and somebody plays me a song that I absolutely love and want to make a record of, I'm going to make the record and I'm not going to ask this person to answer a lot of questions. And even if I did have questions, I would accept whatever answers he gave me especially if he assured me that he answered those questions honestly and to the best of his ability.

So am I really being unreasonable here?

Maybe Benedict is trying to sell you a timeshare? :ud:

nope.
i dont get the questions business either tbh.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”