No More Excuses...Please Help A Wannabe Songwriter

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah no need to rehash it all again 8)

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:15 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:04 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:06 pm Diane Warren or Jim Steinman (my 2 idols)
Who? :help:
Russ, first of all, give it a rest. We're long past this.

Okay, to answer your question.

Diane Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkK8g6FMEXE

Jim Steinman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s
Fair enough, but please see my follow-up comment that I just posted. I'm sorry, I'm way behind on reading through this thread and I'm posting as I go...but I'll refrain from posting before reading on. I should've done that in the first place...

Thank you for the Youtube links, I'm off to watch now!

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:18 pm yeah no need to rehash it all again 8)
You're right. :oops:

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:17 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:16 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:11 pm
mgw38 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:02 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:55 pm
mgw38 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:52 pm

You have no idea how often I hear that. :lol:
If you want, you can take a 2nd look. If not, that's fine too.
Much better. A bit on the short side, but much better. I would probably add a brief statement explaining what the artists would do with your material. What is the value you are adding to their work?

"I am looking for up and coming artists who are searching for new material to..."
Thank you. I'm sorry if I came off as whatever I came off as before. I'm frustrated, burnt out and a whole lot of other things that I'd rather not get into. Remember, it's been 42 years.

I will edit again.
Respectful comment and apology, Wagtunes. Much better. I think all of us here understand how frustrating it can be, but if you really want this, you'll need to put your heart and soul into it. Otherwise, what's the point?
Russ, you're late to the party. I realized that I just don't care anymore.
Oh...okay. :(

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:06 pm Diane Warren or Jim Steinman (my 2 idols)
Steinman wrote Bat Out Of Hell ... never heard of the other one.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:21 pm
Diane Warren wrote Faith of the Heart 1st recorded by Rod Stewart (I think) the song was redone as the theme to the Star Trek spin off "Enterprise", a nice song.

Karma_tba wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:35 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:21 pm
Diane Warren wrote Faith of the Heart 1st recorded by Rod Stewart (I think) the song was redone as the theme to the Star Trek spin off "Enterprise", a nice song.
I figure you would know who Diane Warren is.

as good as steinman was, he was also a bit of a creepy weirdo :hihi:
my kinda guy! :lol:

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:38 pm as good as steinman was, he was also a bit of a creepy weirdo :hihi:
When he wrote stuff, he would run around his studio banging on gongs. He was a total madman. And his music was the result.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:42 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:38 pm as good as steinman was, he was also a bit of a creepy weirdo :hihi:
When he wrote stuff, he would run around his studio banging on gongs. He was a total madman. And his music was the result.
With slight modification also describes Vurt:

When he wrote stuff, he would run around his studio banging on bongs. He was a total madman. And his music was the result.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

:o
:lol:

need to get that put on my website now!

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:46 pm

When he wrote stuff, he would run around his studio banging on bongs. He was a total madman. And his music was the result.
Doesn't everyone do that? :scared:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:50 pm

Nope, never touched drugs.

Maybe that's part of my problem.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:50 pm

ah, but are you also naked aside from the unicorn horn and hooves?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”