No More Excuses...Please Help A Wannabe Songwriter

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karma_tba wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:21 pm Wags face it you've missed your window of opportunity....the Paul Williams/Barry Manilow thing has been done!
I heard Robbie Williams (in an interview) said ..."I always wanted to be cool, like David Bowie. Turns out I'm more like Norman Wisdom".

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:38 pm
Karma_tba wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:21 pm Wags face it you've missed your window of opportunity....the Paul Williams/Barry Manilow thing has been done!
I heard Robbie Williams (in an interview) said ..."I always wanted to be cool, like David Bowie. Turns out I'm more like Norman Wisdom".
I especially liked him as Mork.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

shuzbut.

:lol:

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:32 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:24 pm
There‘s a certain similarity:
https://youtu.be/2XeSQVWleqY
Does he really sing, "you stopped me from shagging", and is he really small or is that the world's biggest radio?

Do carry on.
And how long are his bloody arms? His stool is pitched way too high, and far back, yet he's still able to tockle the ivories :o

BTW you try to come off like you been doing this undiscovered but on a "pro" level for 42 years. To be fair I find that dubious at best. Some of that time must have been spent learning music theory, learning to play an instrument, becoming competent at writing not to mention learning the technical side. Some of what is used these days didn't even exist except in hardware. So if you subtract the learning process your time spent is probably half what you claim. Unless you were born a full fledged musician, songwriter, and engineer. You can flame me but I never claimed interest in a career much less having any of the skills needed.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:15 pm Google's algo's have made it almost impossible for a new site in a congested niche to make it.
Not sure about that, my 16 year old daughter went from zero to over a million Youtube subscribers in a couple of months because she figured out how their algos work.
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:15 pm

I put up the site because it was part of the assignment. No other reason. These are things I figure I have to do in order to get Benedict to assist me. And that's the only reason I'm going to be doing a cover of a song I have no desire to do.
I have mentored many people over the years in another life. Time for another bit of honesty...This shows a lack of real commitment to the process. A half arsed, token effort just to tick another box in the recipe is not what mentors look for. Do you feel a 1/2 hour (at best) thrown together website does justice to your talents, is it a fair representation of your 42 years of striving.

There was a song as part of a nationalistic push down under that said...

"In EVERYTHING you do,
let's do it to the letter
and even when you've done your best,
Let's do it even better"

I'm not a fan of recipes for success, but if you do embark on a process, then you need to go at it full throttle, otherwise, it is a bit like baking a cake and only slightly mixing the ingredients.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:39 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:38 pm
I especially liked him as Mork.
LOL that was Robin Williams :lol:

jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:59 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:15 pm Google's algo's have made it almost impossible for a new site in a congested niche to make it.
Not sure about that, my 16 year old daughter went from zero to over a million Youtube subscribers in a couple of months because she figured out how their algos work.

I put up the site because it was part of the assignment. No other reason. These are things I figure I have to do in order to get Benedict to assist me. And that's the only reason I'm going to be doing a cover of a song I have no desire to do.
I have mentored many people over the years in another life. Time for another bit of honesty...This shows a lack of real commitment to the process. A half arsed, token effort just to tick another box in the recipe is not what mentors look for. Do you feel a 1/2 hour (at best) thrown together website does justice to your talents, is it a fair representation of your 42 years of striving.

"In EVERYTHING you do,
Let's do it even better"

I'm not a fan of recipes for success, but if you do embark on a process, then you need to go at it full throttle, otherwise, it is a bit like baking a cake and only slightly mixing the ingredients.
Then I'm going to have to hire a professional web designer and an SEO expert. I don't have the money to do that unless there's somebody out there willing to either give it to me or do the work for free. I am not a web site designer. I am a songwriter. Benedict in his own lessons says you don't have to do everything. If you write songs, write songs. Let others do the playing, recording, mixing, mastering and producing and all the other stuff.

I can show you exactly where on his site he says this if you want.

"In EVERYTHING you do,
Let's do it even better"

After 42 years of " trying " I think I'd pack it in...or not draw attention to my lack of results.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:03 pm

"In EVERYTHING you do,
Let's do it even better"

Then I'm going to have to hire a professional web designer and an SEO expert. I don't have the money to do that unless there's somebody out there willing to either give it to me or do the work for free. I am not a web site designer. I am a songwriter. Benedict in his own lessons says you don't have to do everything. If you write songs, write songs. Let others do the playing, recording, mixing, mastering and producing and all the other stuff.

And everyone knows he's a household name....so he must be right.

I think it may be time for me to lock this thread. All these people on my ignore list who clearly know how much I despise them poking their nose in where it's not wanted just because they know it's going to piss me off has gotten to the point where I've had enough.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:03 pm

And this is the problem with recipes for success. You have a decision to make here based on YOUR circumstance...and here lies the problem...

1. You undoubtedly need a quality, professional looking website in this day and age.
2. You don't currently have the skills to build such a website.
3. You don't have the resources to pay for a professional to build it.
4. Your mentor is telling you, you don't have to do it all...

Well, maybe you don't have to do it all, but your circumstance dictates that you need to do MORE. You write songs...great! You want them to get noticed? In your position, sadly, you NEED to find a way to get that website doing its business...you actually have to get some skills in this area because it is a BIG ask to hope for someone to do it out of the goodness of their heart.

:tu:
Last edited by Michael L on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

:tu: :tu:
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”