No More Excuses...Please Help A Wannabe Songwriter

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:22 pm I guess I'm on ignore ...
You‘re in good company... :hug:

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:54 pm
I can add you if you like. Just let me know. I'd hate for you to feel left out.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:56 pm
That would be an appropriate move to build up a broad network :tu:

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:00 pm
That would be an appropriate move to build up a broad network :tu:
Trust me, that's not my goal.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:31 pm TCC go f**k yourself.
Would that turn you on babes?

TCC, you've been told to leave me alone. Please leave this thread or I will start reporting you. This is my last warning.

Do you really want to offer your music royalty free?

As of January 2019 there were over 1.94 billion websites on the Internet.

So, now you have made your page, there is the very big question of how people are going to find it...have you loaded up your page with meta tags for a start? Is it being linked to anything? Without a whole lot of work in making your page discoverable, it will basically sit there unnoticed along with a billion others...

When you do this, you only damage yourself. I did try to help and one of my suggestions was incredibly simple but you have demonstrated many times over that you cannot be helped and won't help yourself either.

These aren't the days of any publicity being good publicity - that ended with the concept of transparency. Your image is not the avatar that you posted, your image is all your posts and the attitude that you present to others.

A number of people have pointed out the other 50% beyond skills and effort made: You have to be personable - get on with others - be generally likeable - have a can-do attitude - have infectious passion - be cool. If you want to work with others, that is.

I didn't suggest this earlier but it might be something to consider: Going dark. Kill off your online personality and rebuild it, without the drama. Return with a new persona that is conducive to working with others. Plenty of internet personalities have done this and regained their following many times over.

I suggest this because you have related all your work to this single persona and it's easy for clients to find several threads like this - which aren't a good look.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:26 pm TCC, you've been told to leave me alone. Please leave this thread or I will start reporting you. This is my last warning.
Not cool.

I would check back over this thread and read through your replies. See the olive branches that were held out - the offers of help - the words of advice. So much that was written was of great help. Read back your own replies and ask if you seemed like someone who is flexible and easy to work with. If you are a great working partner then you're not presenting yourself as one here.

How you interact really is that other 50% - which is why I suggested starting with taking everyone - yes, everyone - off ignore. It's the easiest thing. Requires no effort at all yet I think it would be a big step forward for you.

Butterflies and hurricanes.

Screw everyone else; Do something good for yourself.

Unaspected wrote:you have demonstrated many times over that you cannot be helped and won't help yourself either.
To me this is by far the biggest hurdle you have to overcome.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:49 pm As of January 2019 there were over 1.94 billion websites on the Internet.

So, now you have made your page, there is the very big question of how people are going to find it...have you loaded up your page with meta tags for a start? Is it being linked to anything? Without a whole lot of work in making your page discoverable, it will basically sit there unnoticed along with a billion others...
I'm well aware of how difficult it is to have your site seen. I've been on the Internet since 1997. People will find my site through signatures, Soundcloud and other places where I'm already getting traffic. Playing the SEO game is a losing proposition. It doesn't work. Link exchanges don't work anymore. Google's algo's have made it almost impossible for a new site in a congested niche to make it.

I put up the site because it was part of the assignment. No other reason. These are things I figure I have to do in order to get Benedict to assist me. And that's the only reason I'm going to be doing a cover of a song I have no desire to do.

That's me being honest, something a lot of people have a problem with. And that's fine. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I'm here for help. Those who want to help me, great. Those who don't want to help me, that's great too.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:26 pm TCC, you've been told to leave me alone. Please leave this thread or I will start reporting you. This is my last warning.
Oh nos ...

Wags face it you've missed your window of opportunity....the Paul Williams/Barry Manilow thing has been done!

Karma_tba wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:21 pm Wags face it you've missed your window of opportunity....the Paul Williams/Barry Manilow thing has been done!
There‘s a certain similarity:
https://youtu.be/2XeSQVWleqY

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:24 pm
Karma_tba wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:21 pm Wags face it you've missed your window of opportunity....the Paul Williams/Barry Manilow thing has been done!
There‘s a certain similarity:
https://youtu.be/2XeSQVWleqY
Does he really sing, "you stopped me from shagging", and is he really small or is that the world's biggest radio?

Do carry on.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”