CNN reports there are only 42 people in the music industry.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:48 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:44 am No but Germans do like kinky sex things.
Not sure what that has to do with me chatting and debating with my friends and family :shrug:

Will try it out this evening. I’ll let you know how I get on. Thank you :tu:
Obviously you weren’t with me at lunch but we were joking about Germans and kinky sex/nudity with their immediate family. So that’s where my mind was at.

Ok, but wash your hands first :hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

SAW75 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:32 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:16 am
bM3w wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:17 am The sad state of today's journalism.
Just as well you read the article to confirm what the journalists actually said, then. Oh, wait... :idiot:
The journalist praised the diversity of the featured artists. :lol:
You mean when they said "but it begs the question of how all of these diverse voices will fit together" ??

You're not using chk071's dictionary are you?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:56 am You're not using chk071's dictionary are you?
I think I might be. I was just going to defend him in the other thread. :lol:

BONES wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:57 am You have to do the maths yourself. It's simply implied. Interestingly, I've heard of 6 of those collaborators, although I detest them all with the same passion with which I detest Sheeran himself. Oxygen thieves, the lot of 'em.
I’ve never heard a Sheeran tune in my life, at least not knowingly, and like him most of those collabs I know of from random, gossip - rag clickbait. Look at most of the collabs - rap/trap/whatever it’s called nowadays. Which, if you think about it, is how these popular “artists” make and/or keep their “fame” and notoriety, by being caught up in the internet equivalent of the national enquirer (US tabloid trash).

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not slagging on an entire genre (Lupe Fiasco, Jeremiah Jae, Busdriver, and Anderson .Paak immediately come to mind as recent hip hop that’s if not “good”, not the swill I’m talking ), but I see a Kardashian effect within the urban scene where fame and the cult of celebrity dominates; the music itself is interchangeable amongst them and disposable (although I think this is the case for nearly all of pop culture and global entertainment).

Music is subjective and all, but Sheeran reminds me of has beens like Pearl Jam and Dave Matthew’s Band. Tremendous hype at the time, with zero longevity. While I can’t predict the future, I see the same thing happening with Sheeran.

And some of those modern urban genres (like trap) really do sound like they take very little talent to compose. The novelty is in the sound design and production. Is it any coincidence that the DAW of trap is Fruity Loops, developed by a programmer with zero musical knowledge and named after a surgery kids breakfast cereal?

To flip this positive, I definitely can appreciate the technical production behind the music. I’ve always been a fan of bass music (who here remembers Drumcode 20.5 Ltd, Remainings III remixes or SVEK Air Frog?) and beats, and I’ve adapted the deep, low, and wide bass of today’s music for my own needs and tastes. But musically, I think most of modern pop music is simplistic and trivial.

That being said, I’m slightly hypocritical here. Some of my favorite electronic music is dub techno; most of that genre is simplistic, interchangeable and eminently disposable. On the other hand, it’s about the furthest thing from pop music on the planet.

I think Sheeran is a talented kid. First song I heard by him was 'I See Fire,' from the Desolation of Smaug. I think it's a great tune, well played and well sung. Listened to s'more of his stuff, and though it wasn't all that interesting to me, I respect the guy for his ability and his productivity. And yeah, he does his gigs with a baby Martin and a looper. Talk about low overhead!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 pm Talk about low overhead!
not to mention still shops at primark.
ffs dude, you've made some money, at least move up to asda :bang:

Ed Sheeran...Ed Sheeran...

Oh I remember - he's Harry Potter's best friend, isn't he...

no!
at least the other feller bought some nice clothes once hed made some money.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:09 pm Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

poor little feller has stood in pink paint.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:42 pm poor little feller has stood in pink paint.
More than the paint, you have you wonder how he's even able to fret chords with hands like that

f**king mimes, hes the good looking "milli vanilla" to some grotesque guitarist/singer songwriter sat back stage.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:48 pm f**king mimes, hes the good looking "milli vanilla" to some grotesque guitarist/singer songwriter sat back stage.
:hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”