Gol interview

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:07 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:05 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:03 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 pm i don't know who bruno mars is?
A pop star (I think) :)
ah ok. thanks.
Very well produced talent with great showmanship. Some nice collaborations with Mark Ronson.

It is pop, but not boy-band pop.
Yeah, not my thing but very well produced.

I do like Ronson though, his instrumental work.

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 pm And Bruno Mars has a cocaine habit, while Jay-Z actually talks about not using drugs. So go figure.

i talk about not using drugs...

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 pmI recently read that Jay-Z has hit the $1 billion mark. One billion. With that music, and that kind of attitude, and role model given to the young generation. I sometimes really wonder about the world we live in.
I'm not sure I have ever heard a Jay-Z song, certainly not knowingly. I only know what he looks like because he married Beyoncé and we had to do some graphics for the morning show. I assume he has probably charted here but I'm not sure he's been overly successful. Looking at his discography on Wikipedia, though, it seems he does OK in The States.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 pm
wonder about the world
Yea, you dont seem to have the perspective to do much more than wonder about it.
ImageImageImageImage

Jay-Z has hit the $1 billion mark. with that kind of attitude....
I sometimes really wonder about the world we live in.
Well at least he didn't code a DAW having not the least idea how a time signature works

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 pm i don't know who bruno mars is?
He's kind of like Michael Jackson without the creepiness.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:55 pm
elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:42 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:26 pm An open mind - does that include denying facts, like you just did? That's his music and his lyrics. Period. I don't care if it's fake or not. It's a role model, just like every music and lyrics create a certain role model.
While ignorance can be comforting, it doesn’t serve as well conversationally.

I’m very familiar with his music so posting videos or his lyrics doesn’t further your point as much as you’d like it to.
That's unfortunate. If you don't mind lyrics about pimping bitches, selling crack to kids, robbing or killing people, then i guess you're the wrong person to discuss the social effects, i'm afraid. Or, you're as ignorant as you try to make me here.
Every 'music and lyrics' creates a role model? So there's no such thing as fiction, or satire, or songs about villains in lyrics? All of a sudden The Mercy Seat seems a bit more worrying.

What about fiction itself? Are those Judge Dredd comics you've never read a fascist executioner role model? What about King Lear; 'hey kids, be an insane monarch like me?'

(Does music without lyrics create a role model, btw? Im trying to work out whether I should be trying to live up to side 1 of Phaedra)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:13 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:10 pm They're all fakers ("they" = rappers, disclaimer for thecontrolcentre). That's why so many of them become actors.
What?!? Some popular music isn't about stuff that really happened? Bollocks. Next you'll be telling me that Hawkwind haven't really got a silver machine. :x
It's OK... they have or had a silver machine...
I know for fact... I rode in it back in 1972, or was it 73...
Fantastic machine.

according to some rumours i heard, it was a zanussi washing machine.

i heard it was bought by David Essex

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:53 pm according to some rumours i heard, it was a zanussi washing machine.
For sure it had the head spinning and felt pretty washed up after...

So maybe :shrug:

AnX wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:00 pm i heard it was bought by David Essex
What... my old mate Dave of E_s.s.s.sex

part one :o

rock ooooon!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”