Gol interview

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:21 pm It seems so.
So, he is now rich?... :o
Fernando (FMR)

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:26 pm An open mind - does that include denying facts, like you just did? That's his music and his lyrics. Period. I don't care if it's fake or not. It's a role model, just like every music and lyrics create a certain role model.
While ignorance can be comforting, it doesn’t serve as well conversationally.

I’m very familiar with his music so posting videos or his lyrics doesn’t further your point as much as you’d like it to.

fmr wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:42 pm
aren't we all, so long as we have each other :hug:

I dunno about Jay-Z being a role model or anything, but we live in a world where the free market determines what lives and what dies. Socially conscious hip hop had its hey day on the Golden Age / late 80s - mid 90s.

But is there much music that is socially conscious anymore? And as far as role models are concerned, which popular, successful musician would be a good role model? Elton John? Michael Jackson? Motley Crü?

The only ones I can think of are Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars, and the only reason I mention them is because my friends with children say so - I personally have no idea about their lives. Especially with girls, Taylor Swift is considered a role model according to one of my very good friends.

The hip hop that I’m thinking of that could be made on 10 minutes isn’t stuff like Jay-Z anyway. It’s a newer style, mumble rap, and trap. That’s what people like. What they want to hear. While I don’t like the music all that much, I can appreciate the bass production.

I myself have made some hip hop, starting 20 years ago, and it definitely didn’t take only 10 minutes. Whereas I worked with some producers for a well known LA beat label about 10 years ago who would spit out beats like nothing, albeit 2 mins long. That’s something I don’t really get - the 2 minute long beat album. But hey - it was fun to spit out some bass heavy beats and hear them blow up a club. The beat equivalent of techno tools, locked grooves I guess, which I think many people can agree can be banged out in 10 minutes.

But I saw an ad for Timbaland’s Master Class, and you can see that he makes a beat really quick. It’s inspiring actually. He looks like he is having a lot of fun. Very high energy. Maybe he’s hyping it up for the course, but it’s not like he needs the money or needs to front.

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:48 pm Michael Jackson?
id let jay z baby sit before mj...

its like when i was a lad.
started listening to death metal, adults in my life would suggest it would lead to satanism and other bull shit.
was bloody bowie that got me in to crowley :lol:

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:42 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:26 pm An open mind - does that include denying facts, like you just did? That's his music and his lyrics. Period. I don't care if it's fake or not. It's a role model, just like every music and lyrics create a certain role model.

I’m very familiar with his music so posting videos or his lyrics doesn’t further your point as much as you’d like it to.
That's unfortunate. If you don't mind lyrics about pimping bitches, selling crack to kids, robbing or killing people, then i guess you're the wrong person to discuss the social effects, i'm afraid. Or, you're as ignorant as you try to make me here.

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:46 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:42 pm
aren't we all, so long as we have each other :hug:
Indeed :hug: :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

:hihi:

And Bruno Mars has a cocaine habit, while Jay-Z actually talks about not using drugs. So go figure.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:55 pm

That's unfortunate. If you don't mind lyrics about pimping bitches, selling crack to kids, robbing or killing people, then i guess you're the wrong person to discuss the social effects, i'm afraid. Or, you're as ignorant as you try to make me here.
art reflects life.

i don't know who bruno mars is?

Lyrics that mention things you don't like are not necessarily condoning them. Bad things happen in the world. Should we not mention them?

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:55 pm

You’re pushing a limited scope to formulate an argument that you are right and now furthering that into a wider scope of what I might represent in a conversation about social effects.

The world is not that simple or that small.

Rather than argue with me, just check out the interview with David Letterman. He’ll discuss things that will validate some of what you say and it may surprise you about other things that you didn’t know.

There’s nothing wrong with learning something new.

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 pm i don't know who bruno mars is?
A pop star (I think) :)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”