Gol interview

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Distorted Horizon on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not much of Gol in there, really. I laughed when that dude said his $10million song took 10 minutes to make. That's how most hip-hop sounds to me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Didn't have time to watch the video :P
Obviously music tech isn't trust worthy... 😑

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:38 am Not much of Gol in there, really. I laughed when that dude said his $10million song took 10 minutes to make. That's how most hip-hop sounds to me.
Totally.

Edited..

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:38 am Not much of Gol in there, really. I laughed when that dude said his $10million song took 10 minutes to make. That's how most hip-hop sounds to me.
I recently read that Jay-Z has hit the $1 billion mark. One billion. With that music, and that kind of attitude, and role model given to the young generation. I sometimes really wonder about the world we live in.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 pm
I recently read that Jay-Z has hit the $1 billion mark. One billion. With that music, and that kind of attitude, and role model given to the young generation. I sometimes really wonder about the world we live in.
actually, hes a very good role model if people took the time to see where he actually makes his money. hes a very shrewd investor, has several business interests.
so his message is really "don't put all your eggs in one basket" which is sound advice really.

do what thou wilt...

His music rather transmits the message "Yo, pimp yo ho's". I'm sure everyone who's famous in music, and did a lot of money has other projects running, and, i'm also sure he's a decent businessman (not a very smart one, though, probably), yet his music doesn't make a good role model for a society where people care for each other, and treat each other well. Rather for sociopaths, criminals, and power addicts. OK, i'm not so naive to think that that is everything his fanbase is made of, it's just that i absolutely despise this culture. I don't want ghettos, i don't want people hanging around in the streets, i don't want pimp role models. You know, in the past, the kids had flower power, rock 'n rollers, fashion conscious, or whatever, role models. Which is all much better than sociopaths posing with guns, and preaching about the hard ghetto life. What's the point anyway? Jay-Z has long left the ghetto (if he ever was a part of it. Doubtful). It's all one big bowl of fake shit anyway.

Hi HPC.

@chk071, you don’t know what you’re talking about and you’re projecting. That’s worse than anything he’s ever presented in his music.

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:47 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 pm
actually, hes a very good role model if people took the time to see where he actually makes his money. hes a very shrewd investor, has several business interests.
so his message is really "don't put all your eggs in one basket" which is sound advice really.

do what thou wilt...
Many, many, many recent interviews out there. Even his fairly recent My Next Guest Needs no Introduction with David Letterman could help if anyone is interested.

Too much small mildness pops out when this topic comes up and people get angry when you call it for what it is.

Happy to see someone else notices the positives of what he represents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka--C2cDaXY

Lyrics in the description (actually, i've heard worse from him and the other guys, but, that was just one i found quickly).

Anyway, what were we talking about? Oh, yeah, Gol interview. Not that THAT would interest me much. :P
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is this Gol the same guy that were programming for Image-Line?
Fernando (FMR)

It seems so.

It doesn’t prove what you think it does.

Try watching the Netflix special.

Keep an open mind and you might learn something.

An open mind - does that include denying facts, like you just did? That's his music and his lyrics. Period. I don't care if it's fake or not. It's a role model, just like every music and lyrics create a certain role model.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”