I think I got everything I need! What now?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey, I really in the last couple of years purchased ALL I need with some of recent purchases,!
and I wonder now, what do you do? lol
I mean I still search for new deals, maybe I have some last bits of software to purchase, but even then I think I will want more!

what is this? do you feel the same about this or do you stop and produce music?
I think I am more buying than producing lol
... :D

Don’t worry. There will be a new thing to buy tomorrow.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Thavma wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:56 pm hey, I really in the last couple of years purchased ALL I need with some of recent purchases,!
and I wonder now, what do you do? lol
I mean I still search for new deals, maybe I have some last bits of software to purchase, but even then I think I will want more!

what is this? do you feel the same about this or do you stop and produce music?
I think I am more buying than producing lol
... :D
Have you ventured into the world of microphones and preamps? I'm sure you could find a way to blow a few thousand dollars :D

What now? Go and make some music for crying out loud.

You know, people rag on me because I bought tons of synths and FX but I also make more music than just about anybody here.

So get off your ass and go do something with all the stuff you have.

I mean how hard is it?

If you enjoy collecting software more than making music, then just start buying stuff you don't need. Who knows, maybe you will find if enjoyable.

Here's my honest advice - start using all the tools you have. Make some music and put some real effort into it. After a while you will find less and less inspiration in the tools you have which will give you a legitimate reason to buy a few more things. I tend to mostly buy things when they are on sale, which means that over Xmas I got a lot of new stuff I haven't really touched yet. But now that our new album is out of the way, I am really looking forward to starting work on the next one using these shiny new tools to inspire me. That's where 90% of my new musical ideas come from - just messing around with synths trying to coax something interesting from them.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:37 am What now? Go and make some music for crying out loud.
I was going to say the same thing. I don't buy instruments expecting them to make music without my input - I buy them because I see how they will help me to make music.
Sweet child in time...

Oh, boy. Let's be honest. Most folks here claim their hobby is making music, while in reality it is collecting music software. Maybe it's time to stop fooling yourselves and just enjoy the experience.

Zombie Queen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:38 am Oh, boy. Let's be honest. Most folks here claim their hobby is making music, while in reality it is collecting music software. Maybe it's time to stop fooling yourselves and just enjoy the experience.
Putting my money where my mouth is.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -originals

Treat it like changing any habit. For 21 days (the habit-change threshold) don't buy anything, explore what you have. If you slip, just start again. (It took the bloke in the previous post 5 years to keep his new years resolution to be nice)
Last edited by Michael L on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:44 amFor 21 days (the habit-change threshold).
There is no one amount of time that can be appled to the successful adoption of habits :tu:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”