Best Song With No Chorus

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

not even a kid?

:-) (back in the time when kick ass bands and musicians existed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yh4yOp ... tu&index=6
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:00 pm
BONES wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:16 am "Lola, la-la-la-la-la-Lola" made you think? About what, exactly? (Yes, that's the only part of the lyrics I remember.)
:help:
im not sure how to break this to you, but lola despite all appearance to the contrary, was a man.
binary neutral

BONES wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:22 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:00 pmim not sure how to break this to you, but lola despite all appearance to the contrary, was a man.
And I should care about this fact, why? Having read the lyrics it is completely obvious, hardly anything to make anyone think about anything at all, I'd have thought.
lol. I was a 10-year-old in the Bible Belt surrounded by cornfields spinning that 45. Ah, the memories. I remember my aunt up from Kentucky asking my mom in another room, “Does he know what they’re singin?”

Yeah that song definitely doesn't play the same way in 2019 as in 1979.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Bodhisan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:53 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 pm You are WRONG. The lyric was originally COCA COLA. They had to rerecord the vocals because of copyright concerns.
The lyric that was originally coca-cola was changed to cherry cola.
Correct. You win 1000 kvr credits. Don't spend them all in the same shop.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

mumpcake wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:38 pm Yeah that song definitely doesn't play the same way in 2019 as in 1979.
yup, back then vinyl, now its all mp3 this, mp3 that! bloody kids :x

(yes, i know you meant culturally speaking, rather than literally)

Aloysius wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:40 pm
Bodhisan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:53 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 pm You are WRONG. The lyric was originally COCA COLA. They had to rerecord the vocals because of copyright concerns.
The lyric that was originally coca-cola was changed to cherry cola.
Correct. You win 1000 kvr credits. Don't spend them all in the same shop.
and coca cola said "ooh that sounds like a good idea"
and thus instead, twas they who ripped off the kinks rather than the other way around.
another edition of true rock n roll histories will follow these short announcements, over to you, barry...

... bathouse barry here. you may know me by my stage name Barack.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

BONES wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:16 am(Yes, that's the only part of the lyrics I remember.)
“common courtesy”

mumpcake wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:38 pmYeah that song definitely doesn't play the same way in 2019 as in 1979.
I dunno, the likes of Danny LaRue and Les Girls (nightclub in Kings Cross in Sydney) were around back then, it wasn't such a foreign concept, even in the 1960s.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

A bit surprised no one has mentioned Numan/Tubeway Army yet...
Are 'Friends' Electric, Down in the Park, Cars, Complex...all singles without a traditional chorus.

True, dat! It's mostly not something I think about when listening to music, I suppose.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

In reality the vast majority of the music I like either has modified chorus structures or none at all.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

BONES wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:27 pm
farlukar wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:13 pm Typing the “wtf is that” post definitely cost more time than select–rightclick–search anyway.
Yes but then the idiot who made a stupid assumption wouldn't understand his error.

It's just common courtesy.
I'm not sure what to say except I'd rather be guilty of having named a song and not the artist than be guilty of calling someone here an idiot and then having the gall to invoke "common courtesy". You should be ashamed of yourself.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”