Best Song With No Chorus

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

farlukar wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:13 pm Typing the “wtf is that” post definitely cost more time than select–rightclick–search anyway.
Yes but then the idiot who made a stupid assumption wouldn't understand his error. This way, we both learn. For the record (pun intended), whilst this song made it to no. 16 in the UK and no. 23 in the US, it barely scraped into the Top 100 here, only reaching no. 85. So it's unlikely it received much radio airplay and we didn't have MTV in Australia back then, so I imagine most Australians would be as ignorant of the song as I am, unless they are actual Sting fans. Cuts You Up would be better known here, for example, but I would never think to mention it without also mentioning that it's a Peter Murphy (former Bauhaus front man) song. It's just common courtesy.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Fair enough.

lfm wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:22 am Eminem with Lose yourself

Brilliant in every way in how it is built

isnt the lose yourself bit the chorus?

Would 'In the Year 2525' qualify? Just seems like a repeated but building verse to me..?

('Best' is subjective here...)

I was listening to my all-time favourite album on the walk to work this morning - URBAN VERBS eponymous first album - and I realised the whole thing is basically a chorus-free zone. I think only thee of the nine tracks have a recognisable chorus. So my "best" pick would have to be my favourite song from my favourite album (which is also my ringtone, for obvious reasons) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efbafNdOsw4
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

GaryG wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:39 am Would 'In the Year 2525' qualify? Just seems like a repeated but building verse to me..?
I think it would.

GaryG wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:39 am Would 'In the Year 2525' qualify? Just seems like a repeated but building verse to me..?

Loved that song. One of those tunes that made a kid think...like Lola or Take a Letter Maria...but those songs had great choruses!

"Lola, la-la-la-la-la-Lola" made you think? About what, exactly? (Yes, that's the only part of the lyrics I remember.)

Blue Monday - New Order

BONES wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:16 am "Lola, la-la-la-la-la-Lola" made you think? About what, exactly? (Yes, that's the only part of the lyrics I remember.)
:help:
im not sure how to break this to you, but lola despite all appearance to the contrary, was a man.

You are WRONG. The lyric was originally COCA COLA. They had to rerecord the vocals because of copyright concerns.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 pm You are WRONG. The lyric was originally COCA COLA. They had to rerecord the vocals because of copyright concerns.
The lyric that was originally coca-cola was changed to cherry cola.

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:00 pmim not sure how to break this to you, but lola despite all appearance to the contrary, was a man.
And I should care about this fact, why? Having read the lyrics it is completely obvious, hardly anything to make anyone think about anything at all, I'd have thought.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”