Best Song With No Chorus

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some brilliant candidates here.
However, in some cases the (non)existence of the chorus is hard to define: e.g. All along the watchtower, Hey Joe, or Happiness is a warm gun.

Same concerns MacArthur Park, masterpiece by Jimmy Webb, especially performed by Richard Harris.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't know about "best", but I've always liked "Gentle on My Mind" performed by Glen Campbell.

Eminem with Lose yourself

Brilliant in every way in how it is built

Eminem - awfully hot, coffee pot
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:22 amFields Of Gold.
Are we just supposed to know what that is? Because, I gotta tell ya, I have no idea.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Color My World by Chicago might be one of the few top hits that had no chorus - they only say the title once. I've always admired that. And it is a pretty song with the simple piano.

Beatles - A Day in the Life
And an interesting comparison:
Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues

Best album of songs with no chorus:
Philip Glass: Songs from Liquid Days

Best song that's all chorus:
Pentatonix: Hallelujah
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

BONES wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:39 am
Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:22 amFields Of Gold.
Are we just supposed to know what that is? Because, I gotta tell ya, I have no idea.
you know, your ignorance of music often offends people, well here i imagine most of us envy you.
its sting at his most "wait a minute, wasn't that guy in the police? they had some cool hits, what the f**k happened?" phase.

It was during his jazzy phase iirc. Dream Of The Blue Turtles ...

Typing the “wtf is that” post definitely cost more time than select–rightclick–search anyway.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:10 pm It was during his jazzy phase iirc. Dream Of The Blue Turtles ...
you say potato...

:lol:

Boy George?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”