My musicality is dead

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:15 pm After I met my girlfriend, I haven't released a one single song, I haven't finished one single song and pretty much I haven't really even made any music in months.

Now I really really tried to make some but I don't have any ideas and mostly I just stared at screen with this tiny "iiiiiiiiiiiiii" sound ringing in my ears :cry:

What can I do :cry:
When I hit the wall I do covers...you can learn a lot about songwriting and about your gear/DAW.

I'll give you a serious answer: Write a poem about her/life/etc. - even if it's negative (don't force it to go either way - it has to be how you feel - even if it comes from a place of frustration)

Get her a vuvuzela for valentines day. Then she can join your ''band''.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Here's a Future Music piece that was posted a day ago...

https://www.musicradar.com/how-to/how-m ... ters-block

I'll also suggest not to worry so much about finishing or releasing. Just commit to practicing on a regular basis -- even if it's only 20-30 minutes per session. That's the one tip I've seen/heard most consistently from many successful creatives.

Good luck!

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:15 pm After I met my girlfriend, I haven't released a one single song, I haven't finished one single song and pretty much I haven't really even made any music in months.

Now I really really tried to make some but I don't have any ideas and mostly I just stared at screen with this tiny "iiiiiiiiiiiiii" sound ringing in my ears :cry:

Wait till you get married...then it will be years. :wink:

Ditch her! Do it today and she'll have a great story to tell for the rest of her life about this useless idiot who dumped her on Valentine's Day. Everybody wins, it's perfect!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

excuse me please wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 pm After I met my girlfriend
I haven't released a one single song
I haven't finished one single song
And pretty much I haven't really even made
Any music in months

Lyrics are almost there though :tu:
:hihi:

I love you guys :lol: :clap:

It's a common problem:

^lol

Nothing else. The point is to make music just to allure females :shrug:
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Well first of all watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4UQWY-5UKE
After that we need to sit down and have a talk.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Practicing had been mentioned already. I would add listening to the more non commercial music. I always find it inspiring. If you have no ideas, they relate to the boring side of music... You would want a fresh mind. Don‘t listen to the radio, any bird out there is better than that...
You don‘t need to impress anybody...
And there are the „Oblique Strategies“ - read one every morning...

broken record time...this is a healthy thing, life has it's cycles and times where we need to do other things...it's fine, relax and enjoy. If I could go back and tell a younger me one thing this would probably be it, the inspiration will be back, ideas will flow again and it's ok to step aside from music for a bit to do other things, in fact that's quite often when I did a lot of my growing. So dont be concerned about it, celebrate it as it is imo a very healthy sign :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Frantz wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:43 am
It's a common problem:

My life exactly :lol:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”