Who is better the Beatles or Led Zeppelin

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you think

It's not even a question IMO.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

How to compare? Better in which aspect?
The public vote (fairly easy to measure through the sales figures) probably goes to The Beatles.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

:lol:

Clearly the Beatles were the more original of the two bands in terms of composition. Led Zeppelin was, IMO, a MUCH better performing band. I find ZEP's plagiarism, and yes I think that it was that despite what the courts ruled or what was settled out of court, was definitely shady and labels them in a negative light.

Led Zep

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 am Clearly the Beatles were the more original of the two bands in terms of composition. Led Zeppelin was, IMO, a MUCH better performing band. I find ZEP's plagiarism, and yes I think that it was that despite what the courts ruled or what was settled out of court, was definitely shady and labels them in a negative light.
I dunno about the performance thing. Clearly, Zep were better musicians, but live they could be pretty bad. I've heard some early Beatles recordings, before the girls' screaming began to drown them out, and they're pretty tight. They had charisma, and 2 of the best lead singers in the business. Listening to Plant as the sole voice in Zep started to grate on me. And yeah, my opinion of Zep has dimmed over the years due to the obviously rampant plagiarism. I know who I prefer to listen to. I saw Beatlemania through the eyes of a child, and so it is wrapped up inextricably with childhood nostalgia.
To me, there's The Beatles and then there's everyone else. The only band that I think challenged them in terms of pushing boundaries and creativity while maintaining a high level of popularity is Pink Floyd.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Ver fackin Zep.

Definitely Led Zeppelin.

The Beatles were a great and very influential band, but if you'd ask me to whom I listen to more on a regular basis, it's definitely Led Zep by a long shot.

Can you redo the topic with a poll?
Please do include the mandatory "Fish" option!
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:07 am
Please do include the mandatory "Fish" option!
No because I hate Marillion

(Even more than I hate The Beatles)
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:43 am
ghettosynth wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 am Clearly the Beatles were the more original of the two bands in terms of composition. Led Zeppelin was, IMO, a MUCH better performing band. I find ZEP's plagiarism, and yes I think that it was that despite what the courts ruled or what was settled out of court, was definitely shady and labels them in a negative light.
I dunno about the performance thing. Clearly, Zep were better musicians, but live they could be pretty bad. I've heard some early Beatles recordings, before the girls' screaming began to drown them out, and they're pretty tight. They had charisma, and 2 of the best lead singers in the business. Listening to Plant as the sole voice in Zep started to grate on me. And yeah, my opinion of Zep has dimmed over the years due to the obviously rampant plagiarism. I know who I prefer to listen to. I saw Beatlemania through the eyes of a child, and so it is wrapped up inextricably with childhood nostalgia.
To me, there's The Beatles and then there's everyone else. The only band that I think challenged them in terms of pushing boundaries and creativity while maintaining a high level of popularity is Pink Floyd.
I think that you're a little older than I am, it seems to make a difference. Don't get me wrong, I have immense respect for the Beatles, but I don't very often want to listen to them and I have no connection at all to Beatlemania.

Q: That said, the question is ill posed for me anyway. Who would you rather listen do, Led Zep, or the Beatles.

A: Talk Talk, or any number of other bands that came later.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Which is better apples or oranges ?

Blue or red ?

I can think of numerous Beatles songs, including many number ones, but only two Led Zep songs, and one of those was plagiarized.

Led Zep has a very narrow appeal, whereas the Beatles at the time drew in mass appeal across the generations.

On KVR, anything with the word "Beatles" always ends up getting locked.

I love them both. It's really too tough of choice for me!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”