iLok Manager just lost all my Activations

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was using my system this morning and everything was running well. This evening when I got back I turned the system on and all my iLok activations were lost. The iLok manager software thinks it's running on a new computer and has created a new location ID. I did not make any hardware or software changes. The hard drive is the same and unchanged. I did not update Windows 10 either I'm still running 1803.

Anyone know how to make things work in this situation?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Try reinstalling the iLok Manager. That might already do it. If not, check if the licenses are listed in your account on ilok.com. If they are, you should be able to synchronize your system with your iLok account.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Ok I managed to solve this by using system restore and returning the system to how it was a few days ago. If you have iLok computer authorisation running its a good idea to have system restore regularly.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

People generally recommend to use an iLok dongle instead of having the licenses on your hard drive. Is safer in case of catastrophic hardware failure.

What I do is backup my drive image with my licenses activated, then I boot to a duplicate partition, deactivate, then boot back into my main partition. The licenses will still run even though they’re currently on the ilok server. Now I never have to worry about losing licenses.
You are currently reading my signature.

Sneaky. Probably does not work for subscription licenses. Or does it?

i use the dongle, I would be sort of scared to use hardware license myself.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

mgw38 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:20 am People generally recommend to use an iLok dongle instead of having the licenses on your hard drive. Is safer in case of catastrophic hardware failure.
This was the reason I bought the dongle. I change laptops about every 18 months, and I have hit activation hell in the past. The dongle solves that. Only thing I have had to do is keep iLok Manager updated, and have never had a single issue. But I'm on Mac, and I hear iLok is a lot more temperamental on Windows.

I don't want and shouldn't have to to shell out the extra cash for a dongle, weird duplicate "Location ID" problem out of nowhere making me lose half my licenses, I'm about done with iLok protected crap for good. This is beyond ridiculous. In this day and computer age, they can't keep this straight, it's beyond incompetent and dumb. Completely unprofessional. ILok needs to be shamed, HARD. What a total waste. Anybody who likes iLok, better prepare for the worst, and then prepare for even worse than that. God what a totally ridiculous nightmare. Total garbage, buyer beware, it's not freaking worth it at all. AT. ALL. Might as well shoot yourself in the face, it 'll be more fun.

Did I mention I hate iLok?
Know - NOT FEAR, KNOW - that some day, you are going to die. :hyper: :tu:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”