I'm going to sell it ... but ... wait ... no, forget it. I won't.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you know this? Crawling thru your overblown plugin directory in order to sort some of 'em out? Because you don't need them, you rarely use them, you want to become sensible.

But, before offering it, you check again and play with it. Just to make sure...

And then... you can't let it go. The inspiration that suddenly rains on you by using a long forgotten toy, the joy you feel, the new song you just created with it (though you'll never finish it)...

Speaking about first world problems.

Before I buy something new, I go through my plugins...wait...no, forget it. I won't.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Smart spin. :clap:

I'm the same way with guitars. I occasionally think 'I'll sell this one or that,' pull it for the first time in months/years, play it and then go 'uh-uh, not selling.' I didn't do too badly, though. My collection was somewhere around 28 a few years ago, now it will soon be 15. Note that I can't put an exact number on my 'peak guitar frenzy.' :help: :roll:

I have VSL SEs, Vienna Instrument Pro, which I hardly use. I inquired about what I'd need to do to sell it all, and it was a hassle, and came with €160 in transfer fees. So, not selling.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

If a plugin is expensive, I make sure that I want it before I buy it. If a plugin is cheap, it's not worth the hassle to sell it. Hence, I never bother selling plugins.

Hardware is another story but I kind of have a minimum transaction of about $100 to bother with selling it. The only exception to this is if I take a box of stuff to some kind of swap meet.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”