Best debut album?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was relistening to Kate Bush's 'The Kick Inside' yesterday and marvelling at what an amazingly mature and well written album this was for someone who was barely out of her teens (some songs were written as young as 15 even though the album came out when she was 18). She writes very much with a woman's voice, firmly setting her path for all her albums. It seemed to me in many respects this for me is one of the best debut albums I have come across, not only the start of an amazing artist's career but pretty much every song is a gem, and a few are amongst her most outstanding work.

Gimme some more :)

Are You Experienced? is a good one;
Led Zep I;
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

piper at the gates of dawn.

in dance music, to me the standout is BT's unbelievable 'Ima'... such an advanced album coming out of America in this time period was quite improbable

vurt wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:22 pm piper at the gates of dawn.
I was gonna mention that one.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Unknown Pleasures

Debut studio album.
Appetite for Destruction
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

so many bands i like did their best work (imo) on their first album, so i couldnt possibly pick one

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:09 am Unknown Pleasures
Definitely one of the best (just a pity they didn't do many)

Good choices so far above.

Difficult for me to select one but any of these would be decent:

Debut - Bjork
Dummy - Portishead
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Blue Lines - Massive Attack

+1 The Stone Roses
Damn shame they got ripped off like Badfinger.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Should add Joni Mitchell's 'Song to a Seagull' - a beautiful and strong debut album

REM - Murmur
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Biosphere - Microgravity

Homework
Straight Outta Compton
Grace

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”