IK Multimedia sending me around in circles [again]

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The authorisation manager tells me it's outdated, so takes me to a page to download the update. I install, restart and open the authoriation manager which tells me it's outdated... and on it goes.

If i try to login to my account i need to sign a new agreeement with FENDER, allowing them to use my data.
I hereby authorize Fender Musical Instruments Corporation to process my personal data for marketing purposes, limited to products developed under the Fender license
f**k YOU IK MULTIMEDIA.

f**k YOU.

You're really not worth the effort.
I'll take the hit on what i've bought so far just to never have to deal with your SHIT ever again.

I've been there. And on top of that, I didn't recall my password and the auto-generated password fails repeatedly.

At this point the main if not only reason I continue to install what I bought (new computer this time) is because I've facking paid for it.
And there's umpteen things in both Components and VST to delete now because of installing the Custom Shop.

it's insane the amount of hurdles one must go through in order to install IK plugins.
i had a similar issue before, on top of that was 2 GIANT installers i had to push my internet over the edge with, in order to install a 30MB plugin. What a slap in the face!

While their business practices do indeed suck at times (spamming, charging you to redownload stuff you already bought, intentionally confusing product line overlap, bloatware, hyperbolic marketing, almost everything about custom shop, selling pedal "skins" as though we need 3 different volume pedals that do the same thing, the list goes on...) I will say that I've actually had pretty good experience with their support in getting issues resolved in a timely manner. It's worth a try, anyway.

(yes, all three volume pedals are exactly identical in function, I did null tests... which makes me wonder how many of the other models are just reskins of the same algorithms, or if you're just paying $20 for an EQ curve or whatever)

For some balance, SampleTron is an irreplaceable piece of kit for me, so it's not all bad news 8)

I may be remembering wrong, but I seem to remember seeing that checkbox the other day and just not selecting it.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Yeah, afaic their support is good. ish.

the worst in my experience, since this is a kvetchfest I'll say it, is when the tRacks stuff went 64-bit on OSX, they changed the internal names of the plugins. So every template I had them in, in VE Pro I had to reinstantiate them (couldn't be found, it's a new plugin now even as it isn't), losing all settings. I mentioned this in a thread here, on topic, and their rep said VSL wasn't doing it right (other hosts may have worked). It's their decision, a clear, known difference (for no reason, just some idiot decided to) but it's not their having done the thing. And here, support had nothing for me. THAT is when I moved off buying. I did get some mic models subsequent to that but that was me being weak.

The last few times I reauthorized was no problem.

What kind of s*** is that? Is that because you own the Fender Collection(s)?

I don't own any fender plugins.
but unless i sign the list of new advertising and marketing crap, allowing DATA TRANSMISSION TO THIRD PARTIES, i can't even log into my account!
I hereby authorize Fender Musical Instruments Corporation to process my personal data for marketing purposes
NO I DON'T AGREE.

so now, i cannot access my account.
I've contacted them, no word back as of yet.

i don't recall any other audio company reaming me like this, like, EVERY TIME.
HATE IK now.

That's some weird s***, and totally uncalled for. Trying to think what other brands FMIC owns that could be in amplitube. Please let us know if you hear anything back from them.

It's probably some GDPR-inspired boilerplate. The transmission probably only applies to Fender Collection – perhaps part of the original deal "we get to slap your name on things and we'll give you email addresses", which is obviously now dodgy under GDPR without consent – but IK can't or won't their segment their customer database for whatever reason and so blanket it across their T&C pages.

Regarding the Fender "agreement".

If IKM, by preventing you form access the products you've paid for - unless you agree to give Fender access to your data, denies your legal rights regarding handling and processing of your data - Then thkat's a heavy violation of the GDPR.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”