Choose one of these terms to describe your studio.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

My current music/audio studio is:

Bare-bones
21%
Retro
3%
Luxurious
9%
Practical
30%
Powerful
13%
Cheap
24%

Total votes: 91

RELATED
PRODUCTS

debra1rlo wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:32 pm I have two studios, so I will wait for the two studio poll :P
debra “two sheds” 1rlo

Mine's bare-bones, so “cheap” follows.

farlukar wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:36 pm
debra1rlo wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:32 pm I have two studios, so I will wait for the two studio poll :P
debra “two sheds” 1rlo
:hail: Thank you for your reply, I was hoping someone would say that. :hihi:

BERFAB wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:19 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:15 pm I have a MIDI keyboard and two speakers. Am i professional now?
That would depend entirely what you do with it. :D
Fair enough. :lol:

All is relative, but luxurious it is, if you have one dedicated treated room just for a studio, in addtion to a mobile setup workstation.

Treated now, no less! A room, pah, itself is a luxury. We didn't have a room, let alone a shed. We worked in a cardboard box on the side of the road.

you had a box? and a road? :o

luxury!

:hihi:

debra1rlo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:48 pm
debra “two sheds” 1rlo
Have you written any of your recent works in these sheds of yours?

Aye but we were made to move along every ten minutes, and then there was the box tax.

and on bass box tax! :band:

I have a small black box that simultaneously fulfills the roles of: a recording medium, a mixing console, a powerful sampler, a few hundred synths and effects units, more guitar amps and cabinets than any studio would ever need, every type of piano or keyboard I could ever imagine, an orchestra, a video editing suite, a distribution/publishing platform, a means of remote collaboration, a virtual classroom, and a video game console among other things. And I don't even need to leave the house, or even get out of my chair, to use any of those functions immediately. And the majority of those things are available completely free of charge.

If that isn't the epitome of luxury for a musician, then I don't know what is...

That said, I think I made more music when it was just an old guitar and a sleeping bag.

I'd like a box for "utterly inappropriate and an embarrassment for the computer that is in it", please.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

debra1rlo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:48 pm
debra “two sheds” 1rlo
fact of the matter is you really only have one shed ...
you're just thinking of getting a second shed ...

minimalism unchained

funky lime wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:09 am That said, I think I made more music when it was just an old guitar and a sleeping bag.
Sleeping bag music? Is snoring music? It doesn‘t lack rythm though...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”