Choose one of these terms to describe your studio.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

My current music/audio studio is:

Bare-bones
21%
Retro
3%
Luxurious
9%
Practical
30%
Powerful
13%
Cheap
24%

Total votes: 91

RELATED
PRODUCTS

acYm wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:48 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:16 am And what would be the difference between Bare-bones and Cheap?
a setup with (random example) a 909, a real 303, a prophet 5 in good condition and a synclavier would be fairly bare-bones (in 2018 anyway) but certainly not cheap. it'd be harder deciding between bare-bones and luxurious.
cheap would be i.e. if you have a focus on free plugins or low-cost gear and such, with a "do a lot with little" approach.

luxurious can mean a few things, having an emphasis on comfort and style, or being loaded with desirable or rare gear. studios with a high-end vibe, real or perceived.

about messy: that's your own messiness you impose upon your poor studio. imagine it's all as clean and tidy as possible.

about unfinished: every studio is a WIP, unless you know you're making your final project and then you're retiring. artistic studios anyway, I guess utilitarian studios are more easily "finished". this is about a general assessment of the current state.
I think I got what you explained, then I have luxurious set with the luxury of owning all free plug-ins that this world delivers including legacy ones...
Being luxurious, cheap, retro, powerful (my CPU fits that category) and bare-bones at the same time. Only thing it isn‘t is practical... (the one I originally ticked)

switched vote from practical to bare bones

the software and power of the computer borders on luxurious, though

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"curiouser"
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

No option for 'thrusting'.

Disappointed.

Non-existent.
But comfy.

I’m not sure if mine is actually practical, but none of the other words fit at all.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

nightmarish.

"the nightmare room" is what it lovingly gets called :)

as in

"im off to the nightmare room for a bit, don't wait up"

or

"come in to my nightmare room..."

or

"stay the f**k out of my nightmare room, you do not want to see what goes on in there :x"

[deleted, accidental post, wrong thread.]
~stratum~

vurt wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:13 pm
"stay the f**k out of my nightmare room, you do not want to see what goes on in there :x"
Too bluddy right there :shock:

Practical

I don't hoard gear I don't use.
Also don't buy things that are redundant - only one MIDI keyboard for instance.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I have a MIDI keyboard and two speakers. Am i professional now?

Functional is the word I would use.

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:15 pm I have a MIDI keyboard and two speakers. Am i professional now?
What.. and nothing in between them?

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:15 pm I have a MIDI keyboard and two speakers. Am i professional now?
That would depend entirely what you do with it. :D
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”