Choose one of these terms to describe your studio.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

My current music/audio studio is:

Bare-bones
21%
Retro
3%
Luxurious
9%
Practical
30%
Powerful
13%
Cheap
24%

Total votes: 91

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I considered many other adjectives, by looking at a lot of different studios of all sorts, and have pared it down to the 6 ones I can't remove or replace with one of the other 5, for the purpose of this survey. Any studio can be more accurately described by any combination of these terms but you must pick one. :borg:

pictures added on page 6 for examples
Last edited by acYm on Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have a pretty powerful computer but outside of that there is Nektar 61-key, a ROLI Seaboard Block, a Keith McMillen BopPad and an Arturia BeatStep.
2017, everything I made was on a beat old laptop and *nothing* else.

I chose 'practical'.

I selected 'practical' but that's aspirational at this writing. Once I get this other table assembled. It's not much of a "studio" but it's capable.

Where is 'messy'?

Right now the percentages sum to 102%.

what happened there?

I miss Museum, kind of in between Retro and Luxurious. Retro uses the old stuff, Museum doesn't but keep it functional and has more than you could play. (Imagine Jean-Michelle Jarres studio...)
My plug-in collection is museal for all of its emulations...
I bet practical will share the top with powerful... (The others sound a bit like a critique...)
And what would be the difference between Bare-bones and Cheap?

Half my living room - very practical.
U-shape of a piano, eDrumkit, hammond+kingkorg rack and computer desk+Nordlead 2X+Roland D-05 and a three guitar amps and floor stand with a bass+ three guitars.
Any mode for playing right there - max one power button - and off you go.
Enjoying retirement doing my lifelong hobby full time.

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:22 am Where is 'messy'?
"shabby chic"

I chose "practical" because "it does what I need it to". It's not "bare-bones", as I've gear I rarely use (and having three computers would be pushing it). All the others were comparative against a measure for which I've nothing to compare my set up.

Went with "bare-bones" - I don't have much besides an interface, a couple of mics and a DI box. But it's enough for me.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

I always lie on polls unless I'm getting paid.

Practical. 3 pairs of monitors, 2 weak computers, 3 audio interfaces, 4 MIDI controllers, 3 VA synths, all in a small and horrible sounding room.

Main desk

Waldorf Quantum - (Pioneer AS-1 out for delivery today) - Novation Mono Station - Roland TR-09 - Roland TB-03 - Roland SH-01a - Tasty Chips Saw Bench - x1 Arturia Keystep - x2 Arturia Beatstep Pro's - Apple Logic X

Garage (Boxed)

Some Emu modules, Nord, JV2080 etc

jancivil wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:06 am Right now the percentages sum to 102%.

what happened there?
It totals to 91% here. :lol: Bug with the new forum software I assume.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”