Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No.

I tend to buy stuff based upon info I get from KVR. That's not to say say that I take everything I see here as gospel, but positive feedback here encourages me to delve deeper into a product before committing my hard-earned dosh. Fyi, I haven't bought anything for 10 months, so I reckon you guys are slacking off.

The Jupiter 8 of guitars :hihi:

Endorsements may turn my attention towards a certain product, but then I make my own opinion about the product and I don't buy it if it doesn't deliver what I want...

Reading a statement or two by a famous artist/engineer does nothing to me, because there are sooooo many of such testimonials around for a wide range of products. A video is likely to be slightly more effective, if it's a good demo for the product (but then I'm more interested in the demo than the celebrity)...

If I happen to have a good opinion on a certain tool, a "serious" endorsement (not a random sentence) may (and I want to stress it: may) make my decision slightly easier... but if I have even the slightest doubt about a product, any endorsement has the opposite effect on me: I'll likely end up with an even more doubtful opinion and probably I won't make any purchase (unless the endorsement goes really deep into the product and shows me that I'm wrong... but it's quite unlikely).

At the end of the day, I'm paying to get a tool, not a famous endorser. :wink:
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

It doesn‘t cost $13000. If they would have sold those 150, Gibson would not be bancrupt... This is endorsement for the other not so expensive overpriced models...
They look the same, they sound the same, but if you think that model could be that valueable you accept more likely the price they ask for...
This is part of the marketing...

also available in green smell.

If Beyonce doesn't use it then neither do I ...

No. Richard Devine and Jordan Rudess cured me of it.
A well-behaved signature.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:47 pm If Beyonce doesn't use it then neither do I ...

robinsons jelly?

im not sure you are ready for this jelly, perhaps too bootylicious for you?

vurt wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:14 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:47 pm If Beyonce doesn't use it then neither do I ...

robinsons jelly?

im not sure you are ready for this jelly, perhaps too bootylicious for you?
Is it endorsed by Beyonce?

dunno.
she goes on about jelly though (as mentioned above)

jelly and being the first lady of the illuminati.

the two facts i know about beyonce.

vurt wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:21 pm jelly and being the first lady of the illuminati.

That'll be Royal Jelly then ... does she put it on her booty :scared:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:28 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:21 pm jelly and being the first lady of the illuminati.

That'll be Royal Jelly then ... does she put it on her booty :scared:
i cannot comment.
it would be pure speculation as its not one of my two facts :(
but probably. she looks the type.

It depends on whether it's a "spontaneous" endorsement, or something that's obviously paid marketing.

For example, if the company has a huge splash on the their front page saying "This plug in is amazing!" and the name of some famous producer, they essentially just bought the rights to use the producer's name in endorsing the product. The producer might not even have used the plug-in, or maybe spent 5 minutes with it to make sure it wasn't complete garbage. I'd rather the company spent the money on actual development.

On the other hand, if some producer whose work I enjoy just happens to mention a particular plug-in during some tutorial, live-stream or interview, I'll definitely check it out. I've discovered some of my favorite plug-ins that way.

I only buy plugins endorsed by bobcat goldthwait

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”