Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, if it's Jordan Rudess.
No signature here!

Urs wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:04 am A shop just rejected to put our stuff on its shelves because our marketing "without NFRs for celebrities" is "too unprofessional".
Wow! :o Just when I thought I heard them all...

If it's someone I like I'm more likely to want to find out about it. A video is always going to grab my attention better than a photo shoot too. I don't think it influences my decision to purchase though - it's still very much about how it sounds, how good is it at performing its role etc.

A few celebs put me off though.. Rudess being one (unfortunately I can't stand listening to the keyboard spanking).. and Zimmer being another (used to be a good Soundtrack composer but has now unfortunately become highly instrumental in turning film scoring into a dull exercise in cookie cutter genericism. The Coldplay of movie score composers).
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e@rs wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:31 am
Urs wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:04 am A shop just rejected to put our stuff on its shelves because our marketing "without NFRs for celebrities" is "too unprofessional".
Wow! :o Just when I thought I heard them all...
That's what I said... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please reveal which shop.
I have the right to make an informed decision where I spend my money.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

So was this shop planning on giving free U-HE software to these so called celebrity musicians whilst expecting the average Joe to pay full whack?
What shop is this so I can blacklist them?

Best of selling your software on you're own website anyways, cuts out the leeches wanting a cut of your hard earned cash Urs :tu:

CinningBao wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:23 pm I only purchased RMV years ago because, I think, there was endorsement from the Pet Shop Boys..
Wow, PSB?

Regarding that shop, I think the list of our "unprofessionalism" went on for a bit. It was a situation akin to "sales agent of dying business gives valuable tips to successful entrepeneur". But the bit about endorsements and "how it's done" struck me as odd.

Don't worry, It's a retail store which still sells our boxless version. Actually, unlike Thomann, they don't sell any. So we suggested to try a couple of boxes. They refused. They rather not sell any of our plug-ins than put a few boxes with a code inside on their shelves.

And I now know exactly why they don't sell any :roll:

Oooo man you need to give NFR to celebs. You are not pro. Do not forget to reinvent your own monetary system and currency. Don't call it Jampoints call it Idiotpoints. Let your users dive in it.

And please make your stuff on frequent sales. Also do not forget to remove option to buy some products with Idiotpoints when they are on sale. So these Idiotpoints make more sense right...

Also...also...

Just kidding..

Hey...what about groupbuy only for celebs ?!??

Musicisbest wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 am
CinningBao wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:23 pm I only purchased RMV years ago because, I think, there was endorsement from the Pet Shop Boys..
Wow, PSB?
Yeah, it was on their old site.

BTW, I :love: PSB!

kmonkey wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:46 am Hey...what about groupbuy only for celebs ?!??
Groupdie for celebs :hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Musicisbest wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 am
Wow, PSB?
Yup! Big fan here, although it was RMIV they used, according to this page

http://www.geowayne.com/newDesign/lists/synths.htm

..it was enough to pursuade me.

why I dont do celebrity endorsements

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i ... 58SLS-LIST (slash model)

if someone can give me one reason besides buying names that this costs $13,000 I wanna know :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”