Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:31 pm Paid for endorsements don't influence me however if I see X product in somebody's studio on say YouTube then I'll most likely research it further.
This
Yep. Even though i'd have to limit that to "artists whose music i like".

I am 100% immune to advertising.
Now, off to the bargain/black friday threads.

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say they make a difference... that's how us poor underpaid musicians get an additional revenue stream. ;) I could give a flying f**k if it influences people to buy stuff. I'm extremely fortunate to be playing with some pro musicians and now that I am in position to possibly get endorsements, I'm going to take full advantage. I pay for my software and equipment and I buy a lot of it, I can easily justify an endorsement as reward for all my effort and expense. It's nice to start getting paid for my music and go on tours to cool places, but I'm still in the red vs. all the money I've spent (not even figuring in my time) so i will take whatever revenue streams present themselves. (I hope the good people at Pepperidge Farms are listening :) )

lotus2035 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:50 pm I am 100% immune to advertising.
Now, off to the bargain/black friday threads.
:hihi:

No.

john lydon advertises butter.
i have in the past been known to use butter.

iggy pop advertises car insurance.
ive never bought car insurance.

make of this what you will.

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:59 pm

iggy pop sells car insurance.

Iggy maintained that he was, "a streetwalking cheetah with a heart full of napalm", but now it turns out he wasn't walking at all, he was in a fully insured motor vehicle. Very disappointing.

I always pictured Iggy as a passenger tho

:smack:

A more obvious endorsement for Mr Osterberg would have been chocolate bars or jelly beans :P

No, but I buy everything endorsed by this guy here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvnhuy_xUk

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:54 pm
e@rs wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:40 pm ^BT is okay, but don't care for his endorsements either (yet Stutter Edit and BreakTweaker are products I dig). I think (and hope) chk071 was joking.
bt once posted to say my stuff was interesting.
whoever he is, he knows quality! :hihi:
If you'da really sucked up you could be working for Madonna and other names now. Possibly. :scared:

No, endorsements, I wouldn't even see them actually let alone care.

I was eatin' them cookies anyway.

I don’t care who else uses gear. I only care how the gear sounds and if it fits into my life.

I also have to add that I feel conflicted about artist signature guitar models. It’s cool that they’re in a position to design exactly the instrument they want. Of course they rise to prominence playing something else on their famous recordings though. And there is just something that seems really lame to me about playing someone else’s signature model. How many people prefer the Okay Go Volca Sample model?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

AnX wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:20 pm Image
Bothersome vagina??? Bothersome!!! Bother some vagina? The vagina botherer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oops! Don't mind me :P

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”