What did you buy in the past 3 months so far?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IncarnateX wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:00 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:18 pm depends who they kill.
Nah. It is about how many:

“If only one man dies of hunger, that is a tragedy. If millions die, that’s only statistics.”

Joseph Stalin

“One murder makes a villain, millions a hero. Numbers sanctify”

Charlie Chaplin when playing Henri Verdoux.
what about if i know someone is a serial killer, lets say with 37 bodies already to their tally, with no sign of stopping. insatiable for the blood :o
wed say they are a bad person yeah?

now, what if, to stop them from getting 38 bodies...
i decapitate them with a shovel.
am i as evil as them?

seems a bit harsh, given my good intentions.

(also, do i get there score, is it like conkers?)

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:05 pm now, what if, to stop them from getting 38 bodies...
am i as evil as them?
No lol you'd be known as vurt the good samaritan haha :lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:41 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 pmI don't believe in that popular idea that everything is relative.
Is someone who kills one or two persons a relatively good person just because someone else is a genocidal mass murderer? 8)
You don't think its worse to commit mass murder or genocide than kill one or two people?
From the perspective of the killer: If the person killed one or two people for reasons that qualify the killing as a first-degree murder, then I think the person is simply a bad person, a pariah for the rest of their life. Whether someone else killed 1000 people for such reasons, doesn't make a difference to me. He is also a bad person.

In this country the maximum sentence is 25 years for first-degree murder, no matter whether someone murdered 1 or 1000 people. The sentence does not accumulate so to speak.
you seem to be avoiding answering my actual question. im not asking about the killer's perspective, or sentence they'd get or if they were both 'bad' or not. i asked if you would disagree that one was worse. its a simple yes/no.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:15 pmits a simple yes/no.
Drum roll :lol: :lol: :lol:

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:05 pm

“If only one man dies of hunger, that is a tragedy. If millions die, that’s only statistics.”

Joseph Stalin

what about if i know someone is a serial killer, lets say with 37 bodies already to their tally, with no sign of stopping. insatiable for the blood :o

am i as evil as them?

I don't know about British or American law, but in Portuguese they have the term 'legitimate defense', which if necessary allows killing someone if that person is about to kill someone else. It goes beyond self-defense in that it also includes protecting others, not just oneself.

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:05 pm

Joseph Stalin

am i as evil as them?

:lol:

I would feel much happier if I kill 2 like Putin and Trump and would be extremely happy if I kill other 10 assholes like those :)

So, it's like synths, 10 great synths are better than 2 :D

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:15 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:41 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 pmI don't believe in that popular idea that everything is relative.
Is someone who kills one or two persons a relatively good person just because someone else is a genocidal mass murderer? 8)
You don't think its worse to commit mass murder or genocide than kill one or two people?
From the perspective of the killer: If the person killed one or two people for reasons that qualify the killing as a first-degree murder, then I think the person is simply a bad person, a pariah for the rest of their life. Whether someone else killed 1000 people for such reasons, doesn't make a difference to me. He is also a bad person.

In this country the maximum sentence is 25 years for first-degree murder, no matter whether someone murdered 1 or 1000 people. The sentence does not accumulate so to speak.
you seem to be avoiding answering my actual question. im not asking about the killer's perspective, or sentence they'd get or if they were both 'bad' or not. i asked if you would disagree that one was worse. its a simple yes/no.
Things are not as simple as you seem to think. So no, I can't answer that question with a simple yes or no. It depends on whose perspective I am looking at. The killer, the victims, society...

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:05 pm now, what if, to stop them from getting 38 bodies...
am i as evil as them?
Old Testament: An Eye for an eye. You did the right thing.

New Testament: Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. You should have forgiven him instead and turned his soul towards God.

Stalin: Evil has nothing to do with it. I kill as long as it is necessary. You should do the same instead of messing around with amateurs.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I replaced my 10 year old underwear collection,
I forgot what its like for my balls to stay inside my briefs
Amazon: why not use an alternative

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:20 pm Things are not as simple as you seem to think. So no, I can't answer that question with a simple yes or no. It depends on whose perspective I am looking at. The killer, the victims, society...
erm, i didnt claim things were simple; you did.
fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't believe in that popular idea that everything is relative.
you simplified everything down to absolutes.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:20 pm Things are not as simple as you seem to think. So no, I can't answer that question with a simple yes or no. It depends on whose perspective I am looking at. The killer, the victims, society...
erm, i didnt claim things were simple; you did.
fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't believe in that popular idea that everything is relative.
you simplified everything down to absolutes.
I did not claim things are simple. There simply are certain limits. Not everything can be considered normal or OK by comparing it to extremes. For instance, when I say a millionaire has too much wealth, some people say that there are billionaires and thus millionaires are not filthy rich. I don't agree.

Socks, and a couple of sweaters :party:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 pm I did not claim things are simple.

There simply are certain limits. Not everything can be considered normal or OK by comparing it to extremes. For instance, when I say a millionaire has too much wealth, some people say that there are billionaires and thus millionaires are not filthy rich. I don't agree.
That is a different thing entirely. You're conflating a relative judgement between two things with the normalising of one of them.

Forgot the topic. Better make a bet on that too to fit in. Three months? Mid august then. Let’s see.

10 grams of Kashmir pr. month. 30 grams in all.
Train tickets the days I work at office
Survival kits: Food, toilet paper, gasolin for my car etc.
A vacation for me and my girls
Korg Karma
Korg M3
Radias expansion for M3
Beat Step Pro
Elektron Digitone

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:41 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 pm I did not claim things are simple.

There simply are certain limits. Not everything can be considered normal or OK by comparing it to extremes. For instance, when I say a millionaire has too much wealth, some people say that there are billionaires and thus millionaires are not filthy rich. I don't agree.
That is a different thing entirely. You're conflating a relative judgement between two things with the normalising of one of them.
They are often two sides of the same coin.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”