What did you buy in the past 3 months so far?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was not criticizing people who buy stuff in order to compensate for emotional issues. I was just wondering...
It's better than taking drugs I suppose...

hello?

Hello :)

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:52 pm I was not criticizing people who buy stuff in order to compensate for emotional issues. I was just wondering...
It's better than taking drugs I suppose...
So, I take it that you are a happy person without spending money on such things, but spending time on forums! What's the difference?! Or do you think we are lunatics but you are sane and wise? :lol:

Not at all. It is simply my observation that people who buy so much end up using just a fraction of it as they only have so much time. And they are not happier using the stuff than I am using my minimalist gear.

Last 3 months I bought a Dreadbox Polyend Medusa, an Orange CR20 and an InearDisplay Bundle ...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:27 pm Not at all. It is simply my observation that people who buy so much end up using just a fraction of it as they only have so much time. And they are not happier using the stuff than I am using my minimalist gear.
It is all relative! What you consider so much, by others is so little. Believe me!

Anyway, I must say that what you said is true! Not all of them getting used. But when I do use them, oh man, what a joy!

Still, it is not on going thing (for me at least!) I stopped buying DAWs or looking to buy DAWs. For synths it is almost ending, and for games it is rare now that I buy a new game (or any game!).

For hardware, I still feel I didn't find what I'm looking for exactly, so that I keep buying/selling till I feel my setup is complete.

After all, it is really not that strange! Some like prostitutes for example, and they feel this is the only true thing, for me it is games and synths! I don't find it so strange really ;)

drugs and prostitution all on one page!
thank you kvr :D

Can't be better than that :lol:

EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:56 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:27 pm Not at all. It is simply my observation that people who buy so much end up using just a fraction of it as they only have so much time. And they are not happier using the stuff than I am using my minimalist gear.
It is all relative! What you consider so much, by others is so little. Believe me!

Anyway, I must say that what you said is true! Not all of them getting used. But when I do use them, oh man, what a joy!

Still, it is not on going thing (for me at least!) I stopped buying DAWs or looking to buy DAWs. For synths it is almost ending, and for games it is rare now that I buy a new game (or any game!).

For hardware, I still feel I didn't find what I'm looking for exactly, so that I keep buying/selling till I feel my setup is complete.

After all, it is really not that strange! Some like prostitutes for example, and they feel this is the only true thing, for me it is games and synths! I don't find it so strange really ;)
I don't believe in that popular idea that everything is relative.
Is someone who kills one or two persons a relatively good person just because someone else is a genocidal mass murderer? 8)

The search for the perfect gear and setup is also an illusion in my view. It is like with marriage. One thinks the woman/man is perfect and meant to be one's wife/husband, and a few years later many discover that there are better matches out there.

depends who they kill.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 pmI don't believe in that popular idea that everything is relative.
Is someone who kills one or two persons a relatively good person just because someone else is a genocidal mass murderer? 8)
You don't think its worse to commit mass murder or genocide than kill one or two people?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 pmI don't believe in that popular idea that everything is relative.
You don't think its worse to commit mass murder or genocide than kill one or two people?
From the perspective of the killer: If the person killed one or two people for reasons that qualify the killing as a first-degree murder, then I think the person is simply a bad person, a pariah for the rest of their life. Whether someone else killed 1000 people for such reasons, doesn't make a difference to me. He is also a bad person.

In this country the maximum sentence is 25 years for first-degree murder, no matter whether someone murdered 1 or 1000 people. The sentence does not accumulate so to speak.

But the analogy was not good for another reason, namely implying all or nothing. I am not against buying few things, but when people compile long lists, it tells me it is too much in my view. Then again, I am a proud minimalist and anti-consumerist.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:41 pm Last 3 months I bought a Dreadbox Polyend Medusa, an Orange CR20 and an InearDisplay Bundle ...
f**king greeeedy c**t lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:18 pm depends who they kill.
Nah. It is about how many:

“If only one man dies of hunger, that is a tragedy. If millions die, that’s only statistics.”

Joseph Stalin

“One murder makes a villain, millions a hero. Numbers sanctify”

Charlie Chaplin when playing Henri Verdoux.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”