Does anyone feel his music's dated?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I feel it about my own work. I dunno, am I getting old? I'm 38.

No!

Melody, harmony and rhythm are timeless. It's only when you chase rigidly-defined trends/fashions/genres that you can find yourself quickly becoming left behind.

Genre = Death

I don't think music can be 'dated.' If it's bad then it becomes 'dated' only because the fads it followed are no longer in style, revealing its weak underpinnings, which were always weak. If it's good then it doesn't matter what the style is, it'll last forever.

Thank god you're thinking like that, both of you. I am really tired of my life atm. I'm propably in a need of break. Cheers!

deep'n'dark wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:50 pm I feel it about my own work. I dunno, am I getting old? I'm 38.
I do, my prefered sound-design and production aesthetics are like 10-15 years old. I used to be bothered about that but now I don't care and just do what I like.

I'm 37 and I'm definitely getting old.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

his is. hers isnt. theirs was, but isnt any more. mine's contra-temporal, so its not yet about to have been. we are the ones they are going to build a statue for ten centuries ago or were going to fifteen forward ....
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Definitely. I myself think so, my brother says so as well...
And it is logical. One makes the kind of music one likes. And with many people that is what they listened to as teenagers and in their early twenties.

deep'n'dark wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:22 pm Thank god you're thinking like that, both of you. I am really tired of my life atm. I'm propably in a need of break. Cheers!
Maybe a mid-life crisis :wink:

i don't think, my music is 'dated'; it's just about to be made and it is in a way repetitive and full of clichés, but i'm growing old and i can feel it getting stronger and stronger. patience is growing and lack of patience is growing too. they look like twins now and the music is losing it's urgent impact.
"It dreamed itself along"

My music defenitely feels dated (if there was something like "my music" - but ok, the stuff I usually play feels dated, too). But I couldn't care less. No plans to become the next superstar anywhere in my agenda. So what...
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Proudly and deliberately so. Bits of 60s/70s rock, 80s/90s indie/britpop, with the odd bit of sinthesiser and few modernistic touches. Plenty to be ripping off without going past 1999.

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:39 pm his is. hers isnt. theirs was, but isnt any more. mine's contra-temporal, so its not yet about to have been. we are the ones they are going to build a statue for ten centuries ago or were going to fifteen forward ....
Why am I having suddenly flashbacks to “Lost”?

Also, cue the Simpsons clip about being “with it”.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm.

Genre = Death metal
:band:

Today's music is dated 20181022.

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:19 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm.

Genre = Death metal
:band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8u1IpUPo-A

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”