[VOTING FINISHED] Re: I Need Your Votes.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys and girls. I've applied for a grant to fund a music video
for my band's song "On a Tuesday" and could really use help in
the way of votes. To be honest, I haven't made a cent off any
music I've made, so a grant would REALLY help get this video
made! :phones: )

Here's where my song lives:
https://www.storyhive.com/project/show/id/4170

Thanks in advance, fellow KVRers.
Last edited by leroik on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

*bump* :)

this is not really fair to ask to vote for you.
you do music for pleasure or to became famous ?

A grant from what source? Frankly, you're going to have to show more than self-interest, I think. Popularity should mean your own viability in the marketplace if that's what you want to show.

We need drugs, alcohol, hookers ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:03 pm We need drugs, alcohol, hookers ...
first two, no problem.
the last one, i can probably arrange, but why do you want to play rugby? cant we just get high and jam on some tunes?

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

The voting system isn't a good or fair way to do things, in my options, as people with a mass of friends or followers can cast a lot of votes, even if their song is no good. It means that people who are ALREADY popular and known can get a grant that they might not even need. I have no funds, I work as a janitor by day, so I could definitely use the funds for this project.

I do music for 1) pleasure 2) for other people's enjoyment (if they like my music, of course) and 3) to hopefully make some music from it one day. I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

The grant is from telecommunications company Telus, in Canada. They issue a number of grants for music videos, short films, etc, as a way to support music and film in the community, to let people achieve what they couldn't with their own lack of funds.

This particular project also helps a class of school kids (a film class) to work with a real film crew.

The voting is almost closed. Please vote for my project. It's easy. The film class and I would really appreciate it. :)

https://www.storyhive.com/project/show/id/4170

Voting has ended. Thanks so much to anyone who voted. :)

leroik wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:14 pm The grant is from telecommunications company Telus, in Canada. They issue a number of grants for music videos, short films, etc, as a way to support music and film in the community, to let people achieve what they couldn't with their own lack of funds.

This particular project also helps a class of school kids (a film class) to work with a real film crew.
Well, I never heard of grants based in established popularity. Maybe that's just me.

I think the film class for a school is a great basis for the grant proposal. And we appear to agree that voting is not really the way. Here you are lobbying, or canvassing is perhaps the more precise term, for votes.

I've canvassed my friends base online for money for survival. But again, I'm all for the boost to the community, I just didn't see that from the OP.

Nothing unusual in this contest it would seem, NZ has monthly contest where submitters tracks are ranked by listens, and the winner gets funding from NZonAir to record the song and make a video.

Not my cup of tea, but I wouldn't ask for votes here though, unless you count the guaranteed jealousy, sniping and bitchiness you'll get as some sort of fame work experience. :lol:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”