How to exploit the social media & grow your audience

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

In this tutorial i explain the importance of the social media through a brief flashback in history of music industry and then demonstrate my own strategy in order to increase your numbers and get your music heard by a larger audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP_6DfjkV3c

this is so in the wrong forum

jancivil wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:02 pm this is so in the wrong forum
then hit the wee exclamation mark icon and let the mods know so they can move it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

yes, indeed WR and thank you. At 5:42am when this post was made I was asleep, typically I get up between 8:30 and 9:30 and today it was about the latter. Had I not got the report from WR I may not have seen this for hours but thanx to the report and the new notifications within minutes of my being awake it was moved (I moved long before this post)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

water and feed them nitro rich nutrients.

im assuming "audience" is code for weed cos hes scared of the feds.

Grow your ''audience''. Got it! ;)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Without having watched the video, that push approach reminds me of political elections. Parties desperately trying to attract voters by being omnipresent.
But do really good politicians/artists really need to fight for voters/listeners? Won't those come all by themselves?
If an artist is great, the news will spread all by itself one way or another.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:57 pm

indeed, in my day you heard how good a band was from a friend or someone at a record shop, looking at the same stuff. that was social media back then.

not once did any band approach me and say "hey, you should come see us"

Are the words ''friend'' or ''someone at a record shop'' secret code for ''dealer''?

My comment is more prosaic.
The OP has around 1,300 subscribers on his YT channel.
That video has around 35 views, and 6 likes, since he published it 2 days ago.

I would expect a much larger audience following (and response) from someone confident enough to tell me how to exploit social media and grow my audience.

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:01 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:57 pm

indeed, in my day you heard how good a band was from a friend or someone at a record shop, looking at the same stuff. that was social media back then.

not once did any band approach me and say "hey, you should come see us"
similar here, though once an old school mate did actually say we should see them, so our band went to them (this was post military days). They had the whole twisted sister look going, the stage act, the light show and were loud but that was about it, they made it about 2 1/2 songs before the well intentioned patrons of the lounge politely asked them to leave (ok it was kinda more like a biker bar/rock club in the early 80's so draw your own conclusions :hihi: ). We went back to my friends house where we practice, by the time we got there it was after 2am. We were pumped, we fired up our gear, we jammed so loud plaster fell on his siter's bed below (true story) and then we saw lights flashing at the windows...somebody called the cops.

Well the next day was Sunday, my grandmother (my nana) lived in town, in fact as the crow flies just a few hundred yards from my friend's house. She would always come for dinner on Sunday after she went to her church and as we were having dinner she says to my mom "Eunice, at 2am I had to call the police, someone was playing the most god awful music very loud"....I never said a word :oops:

Nana was cool, she smoked non stop (that wasn't cool, just part of who she was), had terrible rheumatoid arthritis, spoke her mind and take away the hillbilly aspect she was as spry and funny as granny from beverly hillbillies
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:03 pm Are the words ''friend'' or ''someone at a record shop'' secret code for ''dealer''?
back in the 70's I use to get bootleg live albums and believe it or not we went to the back room of a shoe store to buy them :lol:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:57 pm If an artist is great, the news will spread all by itself one way or another.
Uhh, not. If there is no media presence, no one will ever hear if the artist is great or not.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Record stores, hm, what has become of them? I remember them well, but are there any left?

And what about record labels' role? They used to be important decades ago, people used to send in their demo cassettes, which I suppose is no longer the case, either :hihi:

... and get rejection slips. I remember it well.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”