Video Editor Roundup What are you using?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just picked up Corel's Video Studio Ultimate on sale.

Still haven't had time to play with it. I'd used it many many years ago, then lost interest in video production.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I have used Hit Film Express and Davinci Resolve to some extent. I also have Sony Movie Studio 12, never upgraded to latest version not making a lot of videos. HFE and Davinci are good enough for simple videos.
Are you referring to the 30% sale on their site or something else?
Ultimate is packed with lot of features and plugins. How stable is it?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Cyberlink PowerDirector 15/16 I've used for 18 months now.
Have handled the formats from my cameras well without need for Quicktime installed(H264 inside MP4 or MOV containers).
I've used Adobe Premiere Elements and Nero Video too, but PD took the lead early.
APRE never had full monitor preview on second monitor, and no writing of disc and menus to removable media - just optical media. Since I have SD-card abilities on BD player really smooth to write to those.
Nero and PD do both those, but PD also i very smooth with photo collections which I used a lot for a while, doing time lapses. Nero lacked some abilities changing durations of each photo in a smooth way.

The Corel product did not remove the need for Quicktime at the time I looked at them(was it MovieStudio and Pinnacle).

Cyberlink has various sales most of the time it seems. I've payed €55 first time new, and the same for an upgrade to 16. Cyberlink support is really good too.

There is also a good bunch of effects and ability buy addons if you feel like it. But look out for what is actually HD and not if running that as resolution.

I picked up Sony Vegas Pro Edit 14 for 17 € at Humble Bundle some time ago. Never really used it, but, i used Sony Movie Studio (which is sort of "Vegas Lite") before, and it was great. Also got the free Hitfilm Express fx bundle, which works in Vegas Pro Edit.

I always used Lightworks. It does everything I need and a lot more.

Final Cut Pro X.

I use DaVinci Resolve to re-render with a 24-bit PCM, since Steinberg killed 'Replace Audio in Video' which took a few seconds. 3 minute vid render here takes a while.

satYatunes wrote:HFE and Davinci are good enough for simple videos.
This made me laugh out loud in the literal sense.
"Davinci has been used on virtually every feature film in the last 15 years and costs $10000, Black Magic bought it and made it massively better and free, now it is just good enough for simple videos" hahahaha.
Duh

I use Reaper for all my video editing needs.

The difference between Resolve free and the paid version is the paid version is set up for sharing/collaboration in their certain paradigm. For a solo person editing videos it's the same, lacking specifically that stuff. It's a very powerful program.

And, unlike FCPX, it renders with the full PCM, 16 or 24-bit. For some reason I am usually hearing crap audio (music) in FCPX. And its AAC audio in a render is not really better than its playback. But I like the 'animation' interface. For my simple videos. ;)

I use pretty much the entire Adobe Creative Cloud suite for my work, so it’s all Premiere Pro and After Effects for me.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

bungle wrote:
satYatunes wrote:HFE and Davinci are good enough for simple videos.
This made me laugh out loud in the literal sense.
"Davinci has been used on virtually every feature film in the last 15 years and costs $10000, Black Magic bought it and made it massively better and free, now it is just good enough for simple videos" hahahaha.
While this is true, Resolve was really only used for color grading on virtually every feature film in the last 15 years. It is only since BM bought it that they’ve been transforming it into an NLE. Still, while I haven’t used it much myself, I’m sure it is capable of far more than “simple videos”.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

A HitfilmExpress user here. This may not suit for a whole movie (but I doubt anyone here would like to produce a 1:30 h film anyways :) , but: I love the vfx it has and the workflow + the flexible blend modes. Ideal for eg. VideoClips and animations (for my taste).
Used Davinci Resolve for Color grading and I also have Vegas Pro 14 (which is better fitting for huger projects concerning the timeline-edit functions and the zooming), though Hitfilm has both -> the composite mode and the edit mode!
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Platinum, which I picked up on a half-off sale back in 2016. Been my go-to video editing software since. c:
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

This thread was just napping (not dead yet.)
I was on the Adobe CC wallet cleanser path but as more a hobbiest or semi-semi pro (on a less than that budget) i jumped ship. I tried to install DaVinci resolve but it will not run on my old laptop (Dell, i7, 8G, crap built in GPU). I’m looking for something free. Yes, i did a bit of research but i’m interested in some other input from KVRland. Thanks.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”