Zappa - what a tight music arranger

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Soulful guitar playing by F.Z.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

mystery dupe
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

This is a good enough find to justify having posted it twice... :hihi:

:tu:

t'heh

I just watched the whole "Zappa Plays Zappa House of Blues 2015" concert and I was very very impressed. I saw the 2013 concert with Napoleon Murphy Brock a while ago, and that was good too, but didn't have the punch this performance had.

I was impressed with this band as a whole and the personalities and performances of each member. Dweezil played Frank amazingly. If I had to beef I'd say the cleanness of Dweezil's sound, without the grime and dirt of his dad's sound, took me a bit of re-tuning my head...but I guess Dweezil would rather have each note be distinguishable to honor his father's playing genius. The video directing was the best I've seen yet.(not jumping too quickly) The sound was excellent and how Dweezil,the band, keys especially, keep up with the program changes is amazingly professional. I wouldn't be surprised if all electronic program changes are done off site The vocals and vocal harmonies were spot on ALL THE TIME!

I noticed a 2018 concert posted (amateur iPhone) and I'll have to hear that one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NskLRp9MQAs
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Yes, in particular the keys bring out certain things. They give it bas relief.

jancivil wrote:Yes, in particular the keys bring out certain things. They give it bas relief.
I am assuming this is a comment to my just above post.
I'll never understand why ppl write obscure comments and appear aloof in a social forum. The idea is to be understood.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Really, agreeing with your post is being aloof?
"the keys especially, keep[ing] up with the program changes"

I had a longer post but was doing more than one thing, ok?

Give me bas relief! is Beefheart, Debra Kadabra on Bongo Fury.

An example of bas relief at work:

an analogy. With little depth, the figures are brought out by this technique.

I don't know if I'll quite understand how being a dick and projecting being a dick is something to do with no provocation at all, then. Back to ignore, I guess. I have feelings, as a person and did nothing to deserve the insult. Why can you not be more collegial? Reminds me of your accusing me of plain plagiarism for a piece I worked my ass off to create from scratch, out of nowhere, with no history with me at all you went at me hard with nonsense.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”