KVR Developer Challenge Wish List

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A delay FX with plugin subhosting in the feedback loop.

(Repeated from previous dev challenge because noone jumped on it yet.)

Category: Effect
Name: SUBTEXT
Function: To provide rhythmical texture based on another rhythm track.
Typical use: You make a rhythm track. You want to add texture and movement to it, so you copy your rhythm track to another track (or use a send bus) for processing, then mix this new track back in with the original track. SUBTEXT simplifies this process. Compression, filter and (multitap) delay would be key features. An important part would be a ducking effect that makes the rhythmic texture swell up when there's space in the original rhythm track, and be toned down / thinner / sparser when there's not.

Any Linux thing, including an open source full sfz player, like Sforzando but working on Linux.

A sound colorizer, you visually color your mix with an invisible combination of EQ, compressors, etc. hidden under the hood.

Something to cure hemorrhoids.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I wished for this:
harryupbabble wrote:Soundfont Explorer. All soundfonts already have built-in in them what bank number they are and what preset number they are. Such wished-for software would, among other things, search folders for soundfonts based on banks and presets. One can then copy/cut all the found soundfonts and paste them to another folder.

In addition to that, it would be nice if that Soundfont Explorer could compare sample files that are used in soundfonts, that tells you, for example, "the bass samples in fingeredbass001.sf2 is essentially the same bass samples used in fingerbass907.sf2 and fingerbass999.sf2". The samples comparer should be able to detect whether the only change done to the samples is, for example, the loudness level (but other than that it sounds exactly the same).

It seems soundfont makers are just using other people's samples and altering it a bit to call it their own. Or maybe they own the same bass models (or drums or guitar or synths or whatever) and sample that.

I guess one could just use one's ear to hear which soundfonts uses the same samples but there's too many of them. So sooooooooo many.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

harryupbabble wrote:2. All-in-one Song Structure and Chord Progression Generator. Such wished-for software would generate a text-like container (that can be copy/pasted to a track in a DAW) that has sections like Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Solo, Outro, etc, in random order (except the intro and outro, they don't get randomized), and there could be multiple Verses and Choruses. And each section would have chord symbols that follows the rules of harmony, meaning that, for example, if the previous section's last chord is a V (dominant) then the following section's first chord should/could be an I (tonic). The user then composes their own music based on the random but harmony-rule-governed generated chord symbols.
Working on something similar. Not DAW compatible, but rather an external app for Windows, HTML5, and for Android. Beta testers wanted.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

jobromedia wrote:
harryupbabble wrote:2. All-in-one Song Structure and Chord Progression Generator. Such wished-for software would generate a text-like container (that can be copy/pasted to a track in a DAW) that has sections like Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Solo, Outro, etc, in random order (except the intro and outro, they don't get randomized), and there could be multiple Verses and Choruses. And each section would have chord symbols that follows the rules of harmony, meaning that, for example, if the previous section's last chord is a V (dominant) then the following section's first chord should/could be an I (tonic). The user then composes their own music based on the random but harmony-rule-governed generated chord symbols.
Working on something similar. Not DAW compatible, but rather an external app for Windows, HTML5, and for Android. Beta testers wanted.
Oh hey that sounds like it could be great. Something that can actually be crucial to the song-making process.
But what exactly is a beta tester? I've never been one. I did Google it, but is there a KVR page that explains it all?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

It would be cool to see something from Valhalla DSP, maybe a single algorithm reverb. Speaking of reverbs: I would like to see someone's approach to Spring Reverb.

Other developers I would love to see in this years KVR DC: a new Tokyo Dawn / VladG / Bootsy collaboration (maybe Bootsy Thrillseeker VBL Vari-Mu in 64bit), Klanghelm, Sonimus ...

Instruments / Soundware - wise I would love to see an Yamaha CP-80 thingy, either physical modelling or sample based.

That's my wishlist for now (KVR DC is like Christmas) :party:

Numanoid wrote:A product I am missing is a ShortCircuit like sampler/sample player in 64 bit.

Don't say TX16Wx is already there, because it is not the same thing by far :borg:
ShortCircuit is legendary and I think no other software sampler (including the commercial ones) gets close in terms of usability / workflow. However, have you checked out Grace sampler? It's quite good!

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/grace- ... small-clue

Edit: I've just seen that some of the other guys already recommended Grace Sampler to you.

Chris-S wrote:A nice leslie simulation plugin.
:tu:

I'll try to release something again this year (I need to get a better rank than what I got with Inspiration and Guitar Gadgets), buts it's going to be difficult for me since I have also to launch officially my plug-in company at the same time :lol:

Ivan_C wrote:I'll try to release something again this year (I need to get a better rank than what I got with Inspiration and Guitar Gadgets), buts it's going to be difficult for me since I have also to launch officially my plug-in company at the same time :lol:
Your company can wait :oops:

Mmmmh ...

There are myriads of plugins in the world.
Thousands of equalizers and compressors ... so if
someone wants to attract the attention of musicians,
producers and the kvr-community he should create
something special: A plugin which doesn't exist now.
Or if it does exist it should allow a better sound-
quality or a lower cpu-consumption.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:idea: concretely I would suggest:

--> A multiband-exciter/saturator :o

This is a very seldom VST-species, and there
is not a single free VST of this kind!

So such a plugin would attract the attention
here immediately!

Nevertheless it has some roadblocks. Because
the developer needs two construction steps:

1. Create a frequency-band splitter
2. Create an exciter/saturator - for each band.
Last edited by enroe on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I'll just repost something I posted in the KVRDC14 Chat Subforum:

Looking forward to seeing what comes up.

Also would recommend a site Admin to rename the "KVRDC14 Chat" subforum to "KVR Developer Challenge" and put it in the first grouping of subs for maximum exposure. (I'd suggest making it the second one, just below the "Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)" sub.) They should also link this subforum from the News Item / Banner.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

A software so good it will prevent GAS.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yes :!:

A new subforum:
Dominus wrote: "KVR Developer Challenge" ... in the first grouping of subs for maximum exposure.
I'd suggest making it the second one, just below the "Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)"
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I'd like a really good phaser 8)

enroe wrote:Mmmmh ...

:idea: concretely I would suggest:

--> A multiband-exciter/saturator :o

This is a very seldom VST-species, and there
is not a single free VST of this kind!

So such a plugin would attract the attention
here immediately!

Nevertheless it has some roadblocks. Because
the developer needs two construction steps:

1. Create a frequency-band splitter
2. Create an exciter/saturator - for each band.
Did you know this? - https://www.meldaproduction.com/MMultiBandSaturator

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”