KVR Developer Challenge Wish List

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edit: the original thread title was KVR Developers 2016 Challenge Wish List. I changed it to its current title.

Yeeeeehaaa. Look at that. Top right of this page. It seems KVR Developers Challenge 2016 is now running.
I'm not sure where this post belongs so I guess I will just post it here.
So, if developers are looking for ideas of what to create, maybe we can make suggestions.

Okay so, me, I wish the two software below would exist. I can't find them anywhere on the internet for free:

1. Soundfont Explorer. All soundfonts already have built-in in them what bank number they are and what preset number they are. Such wished-for software would, among other things, search folders for soundfonts based on banks and presets. One can then copy/cut all the found soundfonts and paste them to another folder.

2. All-in-one Song Structure and Chord Progression Generator. Such wished-for software would generate a text-like container (that can be copy/pasted to a track in a DAW) that has sections like Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Solo, Outro, etc, in random order (except the intro and outro, they don't get randomized), and there could be multiple Verses and Choruses. And each section would have chord symbols that follows the rules of harmony, meaning that, for example, if the previous section's last chord is a V (dominant) then the following section's first chord should/could be an I (tonic). The user then composes their own music based on the random but harmony-rule-governed generated chord symbols.

There is a software named Kozong that did some of the above functions but it was kind of limited.

Also I think xoxos's blewm thingy was doing something similar, sort of, except his software generated music and not chord symbols... it had drums, bass/synth lines, phrases, riffs, etc. But the user had zero control, one couldn't change anything. Hey how long is xoxos's suspension going to last?
Last edited by harryupbabble on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

A product I am missing is a ShortCircuit like sampler/sample player in 64 bit.

Don't say TX16Wx is already there, because it is not the same thing by far :borg:

harryupbabble wrote:2. All-in-one Song Structure and Chord Progression Generator. Such wished-for software would generate a text-like container (that can be copy/pasted to a track in a DAW) that has sections like Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Solo, Outro, etc, in random order (except the intro and outro, they don't get randomized), and there could be multiple Verses and Choruses. And each section would have chord symbols that follows the rules of harmony, meaning that, for example, if the previous section's last chord is a V (dominant) then the following section's first chord should/could be an I (tonic). The user then composes their own music based on the random but harmony-rule-governed generated chord symbols.
+1

8)

AU midi FX Euclidean Beat/Sequence creator!

I'm always interested in physical modeling, but I'm running Logic, and I really don't expect many Mac/AU offerings. [shrug]

Regardless, make what you want to. I have everything I really need, software-wise.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Something that sounds creative, but... well, crisp.

A nice leslie simulation plugin.

Numanoid wrote:A product I am missing is a ShortCircuit like sampler/sample player in 64 bit.
Assume you've tried Grace?

Nothing will ever replace SC but Graces mod options are certainly a step in the right direction.

+1 for Grace, it's the next Shortcircuit for me. Not the same, of course, but quite amazing nonetheless.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Any (as simple to use as possible :D ) tool for generative midi/melody/song generation would be very appreciated.

I know there are already lots of tools but mostly not really handy. A small, nice tool in the way of cgmusic (http://codeminion.com/blogs/maciek/2008 ... ate-music/) would be really be loved. Should be just fun to play with, just "simple" melody generation as inspiration would be great.

bpblog wrote:+1 for Grace, it's the next Shortcircuit for me. Not the same, of course, but quite amazing nonetheless.
Is there a BPB Grace sample library yet? If not, that would be cool, as I feel there isn't much libraries dedicated to it out there.

Speaking of Grace, I would like to see One Small Clue come back with a Bouncer XL in x64 bit with midi sync control. That would get my vote for sure.

+1 Leslie Rotating Speaker Sim...

Good Luck To All Wizards and Gurus...

- A (Maize Sampler Based) Acoustic Drums with multi out
- A usefull Buss Comp (with auto release)
- A usefull Parametric EQ or Channel Strip

... Where's the braves? ;-)

A pitch shifter with latency low enough to use live. Please

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”