Why are responses on KVR and GearSlutz are so different?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I started reading this whole thread before realizing most of it took place 3 years ago...

I can't really make any conclusion about GS from what people are saying. I don't visit there regularly, but it sometimes pops up in searches and the quality of opinions/advice/information seems to vary there about as much as it does anywhere.

I've noticed different corners of the internet react very differently to some product announcements though, and there's usually some groupthink going on. Like with the Behringer Crave -- in some corners it was all "f**k Behringer" and "another ladder filter monosynth?" and "this is just a Mother-32 clone", and in others it was "this was the greatest thing to come out of NAMM" and "OMG I'm going to buy four of them."

it's the difference between people who spend a fortune on wine to taste it and discuss it, let people know they've tried it

and

people who drink wine to get pissed and have a laugh :)

:hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:02 pm how is girls derogatory now?
if someone is female it seems appropriate.
the word itself isn't derogatory, but it is routinely used in derogatory context.

example: "GearSlutz is for girls". unless you literally mean that GearSlutz is a forum that only allows young females (i.e. girls) as its members, the word "girl" here is used in a derogatory context.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

i didn't read this thread but the answer is there are a lot of guys promoting hardware on gear sluts and a lot of guys promoting software on kvr. enjoy.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”