How do you feel about all these sales?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love the sales... but they need to take turns! There are like more sales each month since March :(

Presonus/StudioOne is notorious for doing sales all the time , today is the last day of there BUBBA sale . Dont ever buy it when its not on sale . :hihi: I think it totally kills its resale value .

fedexnman wrote:Presonus/StudioOne is notorious for doing sales all the time , today is the last day of there BUBBA sale . Dont ever buy it when its not on sale . :hihi: I think it totally kills its resale value .
Cakewalk does a lot of sales too. In fact, the last 2 months, i got like 10 emails from them. :lol:

jacqueslacouth wrote:I love the way KVR can make a company that never has sales as something noble and an evil conspiracy out of those that do.....nope, no fan boys here.
That's not KVR, that's just you reading things into what other people wrote. There was neither talk of nobility, nor of evil conspiracies.

Every time somebody writes "fanboy", Adam Sandler does another movie.

King of Sales:

1st place: Crysonics
2nd place: WilliamK -> Wusikstation
3rd place: ?? (You decide.)

In any (i. e. every!) case, I prefer "Wusik" sales! :D
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky-Loops wrote:King of Sales:

1st place: Crysonics
2nd place: WilliamK -> Wusikstation

In any (i. e. every!) case, I prefer "William"! :D
Oh yeah, Crysonic. 98% off, for a "limited time" only. Snort. Heh.

Someone mentioned Waves, but at one time they were so expensive, they were almost cracked and warezed out of business.
Thus, the ILok was born.
So, sales are a good thing.
Example: Waves Trueverb in Nov. 2001 was $300.00

Numanoid wrote:I think the smartest tactic is launch a plugin at very high price, putting it out of most punters range. Then after a while do a big sale, putting the plugin within punters range. Punters then feel: I need to take this opportunity to get this plugin, maybe I don't need it, but this opportunity might not come again :D
Well, would not work for me - I'd still demo the product - and if I don't like it, or don't need it - I wouldn't mind, regardless of price.

OK - I admit it's hard sometimes to resist the GAS feeling,
I've been guilty of this in the past too, but I'm getting better at it today...

So, I don't see sales generally as bad - but it depends on the subject.
For example I discovered PSP products this way, and bought quite a couple of their plugins.
I don't say they're overpriced, but under normal cicumstances out of my price range, and more affordable for professionals.
With the sales from time to time I was able to get some of those,
which I overwise would not have bought - but the over side of the coin is,
that this has been a process over several years - something, which is OK for me, but I guess not for professional producers.
I don't think PSP lost any money this way.

On the other hand for example I don't understand NI's sales at all, but it seems to work for them nonetheless - so what ?

Just some spontanious thoughts on this subject...

Cheers

I think my point was to highlight the extreme sales, the perpetual sales. Price drops are understandable, even monthly sales from companies like Sonnox where a different plug is on sale each month.

I think it's the perpetual sales and the huge blow-out sales that bother me.

Again just my thoughts. It's been interesting to read everyone else though.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I think my point was to highlight the extreme sales, the perpetual sales. Price drops are understandable, even monthly sales from companies like Sonnox where a different plug is on sale each month.

Well, I agree with you on the perptual sales - seems ridiculous,
but maybe these companies just try hard to stay in the market - it's for sure a PR effect - some may fall into it, but if it's really healthy for the company is another thing, which only time will tell.

I myself haven't run into extreme blow-out sales recently, so it's a little hard to comment on this subject, but I have found for those that I've went to in the past, that those (plugins) have been replaced with new versions soon or/and support for those have been dropped.

Aiynzahev wrote:I think my point was to highlight the extreme sales, the perpetual sales. Price drops are understandable, even monthly sales from companies like Sonnox where a different plug is on sale each month.

Why don't you do any significant on your own products?

There was a time when I wanted several of your banks.. but they were then and still are priced in a way where I could and did spend just a little more and got a whole another plugin from someone else on sale.

Aiynzahev wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:02 pm While I understand these companies are responding to the new financial climate, I also feel a little dignity is lost, for example U-he never has sales, his products are of a certain un-fluxuating value. I can plan today and save for anything he sells knowing that I won't pay today, twice what I might pay tomorrow.
I am curious what will happen after the NI-Sale. Will the market be flooded with u-he licenses from the collection and will second-hand prices stay down or go up again? I imagine people trying to sell them for more while buyers don't want to pay a lot more than during that sale (50% off).

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The market is saturated with plugins. Everyone is chasing a smaller piece of the pie. How many compressors and EQs do you need? How many sound sources? How many times are we going to read "It sounds great on the master bus?" If they are cheap, plentiful and can be purchased for pocket change they aren't valued as much - it is just human nature. And there are a lot of talented designers out there that are trying to undercut the big boys who release impressive plugins at low prices just to say "hello world".

I think this is a reason hardware is coming back with modular and small format rack synths and boutique effects. There is a perception of value there.. You can touch them and you have to pay real money for them ... not $23 with a YNN23 discount code. And you get to pretend that you are all-superior-like for having it as well which is also human nature.

Still the genie isn't going back into that bottle. So whether you see buying plugins as an investment ( a bizarre notion if you ask me) or as a disposable indulgence the prices are going down and will stay down. U-He is never going to be able to charge the same high prices now and will have to rely on volume to make up the difference no matter how incredible it sounds.

Just my thoughts. - Scotty

I doubt anyone is spending $128.60 for Hybrid 3 after it was on sale for 1$...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”