What are you favorite Jazz Albums?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Remote Viewers - Obliques Before Pale Skin
I'm not sure about the intensity of jazzyness in it, but I guess it's closer to jazz than anything else. Horribly underrated band.

Dave Brubeck-Time Out

Ja.x wrote: "what, no saxophone heroes?" :o
Archie Shepp, Marion Brown, 'Trane?

time for a cool story- an older woman moved into the front apartment where i was living a few years ago and we got chatting, i told her i was a muso and she asked me if i knew miles davis , of course, i said! Anyway this woman went on to tell me that she lived with miles, for a period of time back in the early/mid 70's when she was living in new york..
I'm thinking like yeah , sure lady.. but it was strange she seemed like the sort of person who wouldnt have even heard of miles. (very aussie :wink: )
any way a little while later she called me in and dragged out a bag of photo's
.. of miles, at home.. polaroids! (no negatives/copies!)..
there were none of her and him together (she said they were destroyed when they split)but there was one of her mum and him together .. and i did meet her mum to verify it!

She also at a later date showed me one of his old jackets she had, a funky skin and tassle/fringed item, which i tried on but was too small (he wasn't a big guy!) If it fit i was going to borrow it for a gig :wink:
Any way i convinced her to let me scan the photos so there was a backup disc copy so i gave her a copy and kept one for myself.
We've both moved away now but i'm hoping to catch up with her soon, last time i talked with her she said that as she is getting older maybe i should have his things to look after! 8)

a post to have this pop up so I can continue to take notes :D

Masahiko Satoh's Amorphism. It's one of the very first jazz I was exposed to and I fell in love right away. In hindsight, it's also one of the most unique jazz albums I've ever heard. He's influenced by Chick Corea, but different. This album is also one of his most melodic albums, whereas many of his other albums are way too avant-garde and crazy.

Lunatique wrote:Masahiko Satoh's Amorphism. It's one of the very first jazz I was exposed to and I fell in love right away. In hindsight, it's also one of the most unique jazz albums I've ever heard. He's influenced by Chick Corea, but different. This album is also one of his most melodic albums, whereas many of his other albums are way too avant-garde and crazy.
never heard of him, but checked this out, not bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiZW9SJfVwc

i don't consider this to be, but i like 'avant-garde and crazy'...

Solo Monk by Thelonius Monk
Jazz impressions of New York by Dave Brubeck
Verve Best of Herbie Mann
paz por esos mundos

brubeck - time out
is wheather report jazz? if so heavy weather

Wes Montgomery/Wynton Kelly Trio - "Smokin' at The Half Note"

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Wes Montgomery/Wynton Kelly Trio - "Smokin' at The Half Note"
Indeed. :love:

How did you find this ancient thread after 8 years? 8)

fcuk ...
a chuck e. jesus post ...

:(

all those suggestions are still good.

Does Snarky Puppy count? It's jazz fusion, and not even all that jazzy, but I love it nontheless. We Like It Here is one of my favorite albums ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XJ_s5IsQc

That solo is still mindblowing.
They have the recording sessions of the other tracks from the album on the channel as well, it's definitely worth checking out.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”