Coming next (post 3.0 final)

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It still doesn't top how weird it is for someone to be butthurt over a piece of software and continually shit on it for years and years. Good job though, keep up whatever you are doing, you might break some kind of record. Meanwhile I'll be making music and money with eXT and having a kick ass time doing it.

Are you suggesting the people on a public forum should not have opinions other than yours, even when they are paying customers like you, now why doesn't that surprise me hahaha
Duh

bungle wrote:Are you suggesting the people on a public forum should not have opinions other than yours...?
You must have reading comprehension problems. Nowhere did I suggest people on a public forum should not have differing opinions. I was just stating how weird it is for someone to be so obsessed with bashing a piece of software. Most people would just get over it and move on to something else. You're quite the curiosity!

Also, I just finished another great eXT session and put more cash in my pocket. Easy money with practically no financial and CPU overhead. God I love this DAW.

djvision wrote:
bungle wrote:Are you suggesting the people on a public forum should not have opinions other than yours...?
You must have reading comprehension problems. Nowhere did I suggest people on a public forum should not have differing opinions. I was just stating how weird it is for someone to be so obsessed with bashing a piece of software. Most people would just get over it and move on to something else. You're quite the curiosity!

Also, I just finished another great eXT session and put more cash in my pocket. Easy money with practically no financial and CPU overhead. God I love this DAW.
I call BS on this.

kitekrazy wrote:
djvision wrote:Also, I just finished another great eXT session and put more cash in my pocket. Easy money with practically no financial and CPU overhead. God I love this DAW.
I call BS on this.
On someone using eXT as their main DAW and actually making money with it? Why would that be hard to believe? I could go into the details of the project, but it's pretty mundane stuff. Fun for me and my client, but nothing special as far as recording goes.

Oh no my obsession must be klucking haha
Duh

kitekrazy wrote:
djvision wrote:

I call BS on this.
So do I. Let's hear what u got!!
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

sdv wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:I call BS on this.
So do I. Let's hear what u got!!
It's not on the Internet! I know this sounds like a dodge, but it's true. My weekend sessions are a bit of a boring project, but I get paid, so I stick with it. Basically, I know this retired Jazz guy in his 70s who is completely computer illiterate, regardless of how much I try and teach him. He plays a couple instruments and we spend Sundays recording mostly American "Golden Age" music from the 1940s through 1960s (he knows like 3000 songs, ti's crazy). A lot of it has background accompaniments, but some of it is solo. He takes the recordings to a guy down the street who does CD replication, then busks around the city selling his CDs to supplement Social Security income (which really isn't enough to live on). Honestly, I would prefer he didn't pay me and spend money on himself because I have a good job and don't need the money, but he insists because it's part of his pride. One time we tried to upload some of the recordings to youtube but they got flagged for copyright. I can't convince him to record his original compositions.

Anyway, I use Energy XT on an old Dell laptop running WinXP and a Lexicon Alpha USB interface. I've used eXT for other media projects I've made money on too. Media production is not my main job but I make some pretty good side money throughout the year. I prefer to use eXT because it's got a easy workflow and I can get ideas out quick. I understand a lot of people don't like eXT v2+, but it suits my needs both personally and professionally.

Return to “energyXT”