Coming next (post 3.0 final)

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

olikana wrote:if jorgen really "fixed a bug with sampler playback ( I guess referring to the broken playback when multiout/groups are used) then why he's not released it yet?
it is really all that is urgent to fix to make xt3 a fully functional product.
According to his linkedin profile, Jørgen is working full-time at finn.no as an Android app developer.

I would guess that energyXT simply doesn't make enough (any?) money to support him, so the effort put in is probably reduced to reflect that (kind of a catch 22). Does energyXT even have a Flattr or Patreon account?

(Does Jørgen even have any telemetry for eXT usage statistics?)

Personally I still find that eXT 3 (even with missing features from v1.x) in 2017 is *still* the best for 'music composition' for my purposes, and I still use it (also use iPad Korg Gadget).

I suppose we all find it strange and annoying that an application like energyXT could be semi-abandoned because we don't know if there are structural code reasons that caused the development slowdown.

Also, we probably all find it strange that even as a secondary or part-time project, that some other 'volunteer' C++ developers are not kept on the project (as a background task) to keep the application up to date with the industry (not necessarily paid developers but simply to have their name added to the About box).

This post is not written with the aim of drumming up hope or support, but rather to gain understanding of how the project entered this 'slowdown' stage.

You obviously dont know the history of the product, this has been dead for many years, Jorgen stopped developing it when he licenced it to Behringer a long time ago, he took that money and went and travelled the world for a few years (his words) after that he never really got back in to developing XT or any of his other music software because he had completely decimated his huge fanbase and Behringer no longer wanted an out of date product.
All his own choice, so he has moved on, done and done.
Duh

bungle wrote:You obviously dont know the history of the product, this has been dead for many years, Jorgen stopped developing it when he licenced it to Behringer a long time ago, he took that money and went and travelled the world for a few years (his words) after that he never really got back in to developing XT or any of his other music software because he had completely decimated his huge fanbase and Behringer no longer wanted an out of date product.
All his own choice, so he has moved on, done and done.
Thanks for that info, I knew the origins of the product, but not the recent history post-Behringer.

I suppose I don't really think that the userbase ('fanbase') cares about a 'break' (or a 'bad album' so to speak). Certainly many users will be using other software by now, but that doesn't mean they would not use eXT if there was an up-tick in 'important' feature releases and it met their needs once more.

The fact there was no 'product discontinued' message implied to me he had run out of money and had to get another job, but I could be wrong there...

He has little to no onterest in music anymore and hasnt had any for a number of years, he should have just fone small incremental updates to 1.4 and he would still have a huge fanbase, if 1.4 was reliable it would be in every project i do.
Duh

bungle wrote:He has little to no onterest in music anymore and hasnt had any for a number of years, he should have just fone small incremental updates to 1.4 and he would still have a huge fanbase, if 1.4 was reliable it would be in every project i do.
Version 3 is not a real improvement. Who will change the poor Guitar-Amp functionality against a crackling sampler? I admit, I stick at V 2.7 and I won't wait for an update. Jorgen should rest in pieces at finn.no with his android-crap.

I guess the story of earning a lot of money from Behringer was Jorgens special irony. Behringer never pays in advance for a DAW.

My suggestion is: Jorgen should close his site and this forum to prevent further attacks.

Someone hacked the page 'http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0108'
and added
* Render track arp to events
to the 'Coming next' section. :D

lol , can´t wait for the 2018 coming next entry :D
(edit- hmmhm new entry ..so fast, 2 in 2017 "*fire and fury", i don´t know about this one)
Last edited by donquixote on Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

donquixote wrote:...so fast, 2 in 2017...
Not exactly true - the 1st entry was added October 2016 :ud:

Me too, I still prefer XT over all the others.
And I really do not care about the speed, but I would wish, that we could download the fixed edition (especially because of 'Fixed a bug with sampler playback').

Jorgen, can you hear me? :shrug:

Why not to make Energy XT as open source product?

Igro wrote:Why not to make Energy XT as open source product?
Who would develop it? There are countless open source DAW. Most of them suck compared to eXT and aren't developed any faster. I'll happily take slow development over no development, which is sure to happen if eXT becomes open source.

Luckily you get both, there is no development and it is closed source too.
Duh

there´s always the hope we can see development return, :drunk: lol :drunk: , i never expected Buzz or Muzys to have a comeback, so who knows,.. i just don´t know how , with many new hosts , no one clone eXT (remember Buzz had a few)..

Why would anybody clone it when nobody uses it.
Duh

bungle wrote:Why would anybody clone it when nobody uses it.
Weird. I actually make money every Sunday recording sessions with eXT. Been thinking about buying another license just because I feel guilty for using such an awesome DAW for such a low price.

Weird that a couple of users in a forum devoted to a piece of software that never gets updated, from a developer who has abandonded it because it makes no money, actually think that because they still use said out of date abandonded software, that that equates to it being used enough to warrant somebody cloning it.
Yes weird indeed, you are right.

Then again it isn't as weird as somebody thinking that an abandoned shareware DAW is so cheap they should buy it again and get no updates for their second licence.
Noble maybe, but yes definitely weirder.
Duh

Return to “energyXT”