Energy XT tips

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you want to maintain your eXT DAW environment in sync over two (or more!) PCs, like a desktop and a laptop, with all the material:

I use the Cloud service Mega.co.nz. I created a folder audio that contains all of eXT2 directories, VSTPlugins and other related stuff. All of that synchronises in background with three or so of my machines.

It is simpler if you use the same User names (and absolute directory paths) on all machines or you have to maintain non-syncronized energyxt.ini files. For that you need to set excludes in the Mega's sync client.

I also am able to maintain the BigTick's Zen database synchronized by adding another sync directory to Mega. Namely the %UserDir%\AppData\Roaming\Big Tick\zen

xoxos wrote:finding eXT2 extremely usable and stable (lol, >five years now) but -

if by some chance you're doing something (like automation where you keep minutely adjusting a point) and it crashes and you desperately press save and then see your song file has disappeared (i saw one report of this from years ago), look for the song file called "temp_file_name" and retrieve your work.
Hm, this one sounds too good to be true! Are you saying that when eXT crashes you can recover your work by pressing Ctrl-S and finding the "temp_file_name" ? Or, I misunderstood :cry:

it's true! 8)

if your file crashes,

check the folder where the song file is

and see if there are any such named files. they are numbered if there is more than one.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:it's true! 8)

if your file crashes,

check the folder where the song file is

and see if there are any such named files. they are numbered if there is more than one.
I forgot to try this out, and then I have re-read this post yesterday, checked the folder and it is really true, the file from some weeks ago was there, usable. I just don't know, what I did. I must have pressed Ctrl-S you say, right.
This is really great, it removes one of few bad feelings about eXT for me.

I really wish we (the user community) could do something to bring life back to eXT so that the marketing and development could get back to the level this unique system deserves. I don't think much is needed, I believe all of us users would be willing to pay for upgrades if that is needed for development to continue.

Well, I don't know the numbers here. How many users are we? What is the main reason/obstacle for eXT being perceived almost abandoned. It could also be sold/given to some company to finance/develop further or am I missing something?

kjjj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

good tip codec_spurt :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “energyXT”