FEATURE REQUEST list - what do you want from energyXT2 ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Libondium wrote:... track deleted vsti still in modular tab, no corresponding Values anyway) this Bug destoying the workflow and is still in beta version. .
but to have the plugins seperated from the sequencer trakcs is cool

64bit

There´s an option "copy all to audio folder" in the audio pool, i would like to see the option "move all to audio folder" too..
thanks!

64bit linux vst

Different filters GUI. Maybe click to open filters edytor window?

Okay,
Kind of worrying that last post was over a year ago (maybe because its on to the 3rd version) but following link from EnergyXT takes me here so here go's).
Firstly, I just want to say that the modular system is absolutely fantastic. A really refreshing way to work.
Anyway here are my suggestions/comments:

Updated Version 3 manual!
64-bit version?

PIANO ROLL
Show notes being played on keyboard
Also have the length of the keys in piano roll longer so that it looks like an actual piano keyboard rather than a stub.

PROJECT WINDOW
Remove automatic loop marker on new project.
Show tooltips when hovering over.
What if you want to have more/less than one bar pre-count?
How to disable snap?
Drag a part outside of track to create a new track to send it to.
Punch-In/Punch-Out recording?
How to quickly bypass a send effect?
How to make more fine adjustments to length of loop.
Transport controls in Edit Window.
Why does the track view need to be minimised in order to split a Part?
How to edit 2 parts simultaneosly. How to manually ghost 2 parts.

TRACKS
Select All Tracks/Select None Icon (How to unselect multiple selected tracks? e.g. have it that if you click outside of the tracks it de-selects all)
Have it that you can change the track height by clicking on the track separator in the Project Window rather than having to first expand the track.
Automation track for audio other than volume e.g. where is pan?
Have options relating to track e.g. monitoring/mono/stereo on track right-click

BROWSER
You should be able to create your own entry in the Browser.
Save location history of imported midi files.

MIXER
Move tracks within Mixer

TRANSPORT
Transport should be larger. Why isn't there a fast-forward.

DRUM SAMPLER
Have the square light up indicating midi input (particularly when trying to map squares to keys on controller).
Ability to assign colours to squares and have them represented in the score.
Why does it show/limit only 5 instruments.
Why can't you drag and drop an existing loop onto a new, blank square.
The ability to open individual cells into their own Editing window.
How to export the midi created in the Drum Sampler.
If it reads midi input why can't you drag the arpreggiator onto it?

I know there is no meaning to post here, but I'm still using the XT and it's great DAW, so why not, maybe again, I forgot..:

- FLAC support
- level meters with db
- better screen support for 1920x1080

that's it, everything else is fine, thanks!

I want it to be just like EnergyXT 1.41 but x64 and with multicore support.

I know. I'm asking too much. :hihi:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Please tap tempo for the metronome
Thanks

monophone wrote:Please tap tempo for the metronome
Thanks
This is one of those things that are ridiculously easy to implement, the code for a tap tempo function is simple. If it doesn't make it in the next release then it's probably a design decision not to. Personally I would have no need for it, I've got a tap tempo app on my phone that works great, plus a program on my laptop, plus there are websites that have tap tempo tools.

DuX wrote:I want it to be just like EnergyXT 1.41 but x64 and with multicore support.

I know. I'm asking too much. :hihi:

+1

1.4 that will run on x64. Yes! but we are all just dreaming, unless/somehow somebody can make a 64 version.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

It's been a LONG time since I've checked in with EXT tho I bought my first license in 2003 when it was Massiva. It doth seem as if EXT is buried at sea. Too bad, back in its previous incarnation it was a stellar sonic playground. Where it shone brightest was in its ability to chain VSTs together with all the built-in EXT tools to create experimental workspaces. Was a poor-mans AudioMulch but with the added benefit of having tracks, a sequencer and MIDI to use. Its downfall, IMHO, was in trying to become a low-priced DAW. Too many of those on the market as-is and the goodies of chaining were implemented in other, more commercial, DAWs such as Fruity and Tracktion.

There was a split back i nthe day; EXT could be a DAW or an audio playground. J decided on the former rather than the later. It's real shame b/c I feel J had a great musical sense and made "contraptions' which were intuitive and made good musical sense. I'd of like to have seen EXT extend on its modular & synth roots rather than DAW/songwriting... a next gen AudioMulch or really, what has become of MuLab (talk about a revival from the grave to greatness -- it's a sweet playground package which SO needs a Mulch Meta-Surface!!!!).

Alas, I'm afraid the party's over but J has SO much know-how that I hope he's working on a cross-platform modular VST/AU Mulch-killer that focuses more on experimentation than "DAW duties."
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

sdv wrote:Alas, I'm afraid the party's over...
Not sure what party you're talking about, but the party is still rocking here.

Wow, After over 6 years rocking silently in a rocking chair perhaps>>>

I can see why many prefer the 1.41 as back in the day trying 2 up to 2.5 no bueno for me. Looked rather 'simplified' which I like but not in a fashion to be cherished>>>

Also lack of step recording (like a tracker not a 'drum grid') which was in Massiva then EXT up to 1.4 was a no-no, I even liked Massiva's better because of context menu switching-

Much prefer the small floating Mixer that was always there & only got larger when you added a plug & even then the plug could be minimized-

Of course there have been improvements like using REX instead of ZEX-

Another Massiva like is Modes that make sense-

All making for fast workflow with less farting around. Massiva even works great with alot of Synthedit plugs (not all) which is pretty good for being over 20 years old>>>

But all-in-all I always thought the 'restructured' XT2 shoulda been more like a revamped Massiva which was simple elegance>>>

Return to “energyXT”