FEATURE REQUEST list - what do you want from energyXT2 ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi piz, i see that the list hasn't been updated for a while so i have to state my FRs right away.

Sequencer / GUI:
- double-click on the "zoom bubble" should "zoom to project"
- add an button for "zoom to selection" (so you don't have to go via the menu)
(might also mean to have it as a right-click action in the context menu)

if you're talking to me, i am not going to update this list... it's better to post feature requests at http://getsatisfaction.com/energyxt and/or http://energyxt.uservoice.com which seem to get more attention from jorgen. in my opinion this thread should be un-stuck, unless someone volunteers to keep it updated.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

yeah, done that.

FR: double click on the track volume so it's possible to type in a volume number. Same for volume envelopes. In other words, it would be nice to have a way to manually set the volumes other than moving the fader or envelope points up and down.

If there is a way to do this already please let me know.

I didn't see this one posted yet, or perhaps I overlooked it.

It would be very nice to be able to import multiple samples at once. Presently each sample is imported one at a time.

Please consider this suggestion and thanks in advance.

OB8

Orbitalgun wrote:I didn't see this one posted yet, or perhaps I overlooked it.

It would be very nice to be able to import multiple samples at once. Presently each sample is imported one at a time.

Please consider this suggestion and thanks in advance.

OB8
You can already do this..

Ctrl+Click your samples to select them (in the browser) all and then drag them in :)

excuses, if this is requested, but it will be nice, if we have support for importing/exporting more audio formats - ogg, flac, wv..

I don 't know, if any of this has been requested already, if so, sorry for bringing it up again...

A few feature requests:

1. Simple click in MIDI region to draw MIDI notes. Until now it requires double-click for putting notes, but simple right click to delete. I feel, it slows down workflow. Might be an option to put this a selectable in the preferences.

2. Drawing controller curves without nodes, more like pen-style. ALso as option in Preferences.

3. MIDI input for Drum

4. Another way to identify VSTs. Energy XT shows me almost every dll (Win) from the added folders, even if they're not VST o VSTi.

I hope you consider any of them.
Otherwise, Energy XT is great. I am discovering more and more stuff.

Thanks.

Roger

Has there been a request for an integrated history/notepad feature for making notes on patch/mixing/production revisions within a project rather than relying on an externally-executed notepad? The history could be embedded within the .xt.
Watch out for those carriage-returns when moving projects to Linux!

i dont know is there meaning to do more requests, but anyway - i want to be able to "copy fx chain" - to get all settings and fx from some channel in some project to another one.

Don't if this has been mentioned or if it's already there but when I delete a track, would it be possible to delete the synth also. They seem to stay in the modular view. Maybe as an option in the right click menu on a track.

Delete track
Delete track/instrument

paradiddle wrote:Don't if this has been mentioned or if it's already there but when I delete a track, would it be possible to delete the synth also. They seem to stay in the modular view. Maybe as an option in the right click menu on a track.

Delete track
Delete track/instrument
I'd like to see this too...

hudson_m4000 wrote:
paradiddle wrote:Don't if this has been mentioned or if it's already there but when I delete a track, would it be possible to delete the synth also. They seem to stay in the modular view. Maybe as an option in the right click menu on a track.

Delete track
Delete track/instrument

when you right-click on the name of the corresponding mixer-track (beside the actual track in the sequencer), you can choose "delete" -> then the synth will also be deleted from the modular view!

hope this helps! :)

Yes I know thanks but I have to do 2 operations just to delete the track and the device.

artificial wrote:
hudson_m4000 wrote:

Delete track
Delete track/instrument

when you right-click on the name of the corresponding mixer-track (beside the actual track in the sequencer), you can choose "delete" -> then the synth will also be deleted from the modular view!

hope this helps! :)
Yes, I do this sometimes, but I tend to delete tracks using the 'delete' key which always means that I then have to find the VSTi in the modular view (and they all get placed in the same spot stacked on top of one another so not always quick to find) or in the mixer. Some kind of option to delete VSTi with track (maybe Ctrl+Del) would just be useful for me.

Don't get me wrong, XT is perfectly usable as it is, but a few tweaks like this would be beneficial (for some of us)

Return to “energyXT”