Ask your "how-to" questions here!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Deric wrote: Question:
Could someone please tell me how can I simultaneously record the Midi and the Audio output of a VST (B4ii) into the Sequencer?
You can ctrl-click to select both the midi and the audio tracks in the sequencer. Then it'll record both.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Deric wrote:Hi, I'm new to XT/XT2 in general and just experimenting and learning how to do stuff...
Question:
Could someone please tell me how can I simultaneously record the Midi and the Audio output of a VST (B4ii) into the Sequencer?
Background:
I have added a VST (B4ii) onto the 'main' screen (the one that shows Midi In/Audio In/Audio Out 'boxes') and have added a Sequencer, I've routed both the Audio and Midi output of the VST to the Sequencer (in addition to the default output of the VST to the Audio Out of XT2 routing).
I have managed to record the audio signal (from B4ii) directly into the Sequencer as an audio track (great!).
I then added the VST to a Midi track in the Sequencer and could record Midi data into the Sequencer. I couldn't figure out how to record both the Audio and Midi output of the VST at the same time
Thanks!
set the main workspace up as shown (substitute your chosen plugin for sytrus obviously)

(edit - you dont need the audio out from plugin to audio out comp)

in the sequencer the trick is to select the MIDI track to arm it for recording and then ctrl-click the audio track to select them both at the same time - this will ensure that when you hit record both tracks will record their respective inputs

slainte ;) rob

insertpizhere & pHz - MANY thanks for the useful and quick responses! pHz - that routing picture helps a lot too (I had added unnecessary extra routes)!

Thanks again! It works a treat and is very useful.

Cheers!

Q. If I import a sample as a clip, how can I adjust the start and end points without splitting?
Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 and Phrazor for Music | Blender for 3D

Charlie wrote:Q. If I import a sample as a clip, how can I adjust the start and end points without splitting?
cant yet

slainte :ud: rob

Thanks pHz.

I was just thinking that it would be cool to drag a wav file inside its container. Dragging it up and down would adjust its volume. Dragging it left and right would alter its start position.
Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 and Phrazor for Music | Blender for 3D

Q: Is there a way yet to set the Time signature?

insertpizhere wrote:
Deric wrote: Question:
You can ctrl-click to select both the midi and the audio tracks in the sequencer. Then it'll record both.

yes, indeed - one of the really nice workflow-improvements over eXT 1.x - you can multi-select tracks, be it for recording, muting/soloing, renaming or deleting... :D 8)

Also there's the typical WINDOWS shift+selecting another one fucntion available! :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

nagal wrote:Q: Is there a way yet to set the Time signature?
no, not yet - I guess it will come in stage three ('Control')
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hmmm - here's one.

If you want to record into a sequencer from multiple audio inputs (eg. from several VSTis that are controlled by realtime external midi inputs for example), how do you record into multiple audio tracks.

I'm not at home at the moment, but when I looked at home you could add audio inputs to the sequencer and you could select the audio input for each track.

In XT2 you seem to have only one input. It's safe to assume that there is a way to have more than one input whether it's going to be visible as an extra input or handled under the hood by some more sophisticated means.

But I just want to check if it really is there already and I just haven't worked out how to use it yet.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Caleb wrote: But I just want to check if it really is there already and I just haven't worked out how to use it yet.

Regards
Caleb

no it isn't - the problem is, that you currently can't control which input is being fed into which track - so at the moment you can only record from one discrete midi-in and one discrete audio-in.

The F9 'mixer'-functionality from 1.x hasn't been implemented yet.

jens wrote: no it isn't - the problem is, that you currently can't control which input is being fed into which track - so at the moment you can only record from one discrete midi-in and one discrete audio-in.

OK - thanks for that.

There's some nifty ways of doing things in XT2 that I've missed because I was thinking in XT1 terms. Wasn't sure if this was another one of those times.

It's unlikely to be something that is omitted from the final release, so I'll sit tight and wait for it. :)

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Caleb wrote: It's unlikely to be something that is omitted from the final release

no, it surely won't be - in fact it's impossible to imagine that eXT might lose its ability to be used as a multitracker... :)

Caleb wrote:
jens wrote: no it isn't - the problem is, that you currently can't control which input is being fed into which track - so at the moment you can only record from one discrete midi-in and one discrete audio-in.

OK - thanks for that.
Ditto on the thanks, jens. I spent a very frustrating hour last night trying to figure out how to do this. I'm glad I didn't miss something blatently obvious.

I'd love to have a look at the XT2 Beta but I haven't been able to locate the download or any info on how to get a copy.

I suspect I'm going to feel dumb... but anyhow... ??

skyduster

Return to “energyXT”