Ask your "how-to" questions here!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, i go first. Disclaimer : ima ext2 noob (but quite familiar with ext1)

1). How do you set the position cursor? The one that scrolls in the timeline? When i click somewhere, that thing doesnt move. It just stays where it is. When i press the locate button shortcut, it works though. Basically, how do you control that vertical line that scrolls when you playback/record.

2). How do you insert a send/any plugin in the mixer? Right clikc doesnt work in the mixer. I tried dragndrop and it doesnt work either. However, dragging into the main window works.

Thanks fellas! :love: And anyone else having noob questions about ext2, ask here. NO EXT1 QUESTIONS ALLOWED. :hihi:

keyman_sam wrote: 1). How do you set the position cursor? The one that scrolls in the timeline? When i click somewhere, that thing doesnt move. It just stays where it is. When i press the locate button shortcut, it works though. Basically, how do you control that vertical line that scrolls when you playback/record.

2). How do you insert a send/any plugin in the mixer? Right clikc doesnt work in the mixer. I tried dragndrop and it doesnt work either. However, dragging into the main window works.
1. Middle mouse button. :)

2. Drag it from the browser into the slot on the mixer strip. The top slot is for sends. The one under it is inserts. (jorgen: I desperately miss the Right-Click->VST->... option from XT1. Please come back soon. :cry: )

Beta Forum wrote:1. Examine the File->Setup->Actions tab to see what functions there are and their shortcuts, and change the shortcuts :-) NOTE: it is unfortunately possible to assign the same shortcut to several functions!

2. Plugins are added to tracks by dragging from the "Plugins" entry in the browser. There's no visual indication that you are "carrying" something with the mouse, however, so aim well ;-)

3. Only inline editing is enabled, no separate piano roll or audio clip windows yet.

4. If you press record while playing, the display (nor sound) is not updated. No MIDI clip appears. Your MIDI notes are recorded, but they appear (and play) only after you stop AND press Rec again.

5. "Comps" (Main window) cable drawing not implemented yet. Use r-click to get the connection menu (on the comp you want the connection to start from, goes only "out" direction at the moment.

6. Moving the playhead/cursor line: mouse middle-click anywhere in the arrangement.

7. Rendering: The resulting .wav remains empty until you close XT2. Restart and the rendered wav is usable.

Well I have sorted a few things out on my Win PC but I can't seem to figure out how to use synths I have installed in my Linux box :?
I have the mda plugs in my home folder, but the rest of linux plugs are somewhere else by default and I can't figure where.
Anybody has any idea

Thank you fandango! I got it working. 8)

Now, other users can probably learn something from this thread. :D

I REALLY REALLY need an alternative to middle-mouse click. like maybe left click on the bar up top like in XT1?!!
Do not lick the fablanky

Could someone explain 'groups' to me at all? I don't really understand. :( Are they meant for chaining up things in the comp view?

Groups are essentially busses. A track that you can send loads of other tracks to, to process them as one signal.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Ah, so I could have a "mangling" group (say, Predatohm, Fromage, etc.) and route different Audio sources to them?

I assume you output the tracks to the groups by changing their output directly at the bottom of the mixer strip? (i.e., groups don't appear as sends or anything?)

Anyway, seems to work the way I'm playing with it at the moment. Cheers. :)

Its just a do nothing you can put inserts and sends on.
Do not lick the fablanky

fandango wrote:Ah, so I could have a "mangling" group (say, Predatohm, Fromage, etc.) and route different Audio sources to them?

I assume you output the tracks to the groups by changing their output directly at the bottom of the mixer strip? (i.e., groups don't appear as sends or anything?)

Anyway, seems to work the way I'm playing with it at the moment. Cheers. :)
Correct on all counts. Remember, busses are an extra destination, you can still have the non-bussed signal going to the main too. Good for compressing things and then mixing the dry with it.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

keyman_sam wrote: 2). How do you insert a send/any plugin in the mixer? Right clikc doesnt work in the mixer. I tried dragndrop and it doesnt work either. However, dragging into the main window works.
Actually, although you got this working with the advice given, I've found that drag-n-drop into the mixer does not actually work unless you have set up your plug-ins folder in the browser.

Example, if you try to use the Drives folder to drag-n-drop and effect plug-in into the mixer it does not work.

I've outlined a whole bunch of browser-related issues that I have which will be published to the BETA forum in a chunk once I'm finished my browser tutorial. This is one of them.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Is there any way to move an insert to a new track? I guess just move it to a send?

soma - you can do this either within the mixer itself with just drag n drop.

Or you can have the mixer open and drag from the mixer to the individual mixer strip for the track (revealed by using F7 in the sequencer).

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Hi, I'm new to XT/XT2 in general and just experimenting and learning how to do stuff...

Question:
Could someone please tell me how can I simultaneously record the Midi and the Audio output of a VST (B4ii) into the Sequencer?

Background:
I have added a VST (B4ii) onto the 'main' screen (the one that shows Midi In/Audio In/Audio Out 'boxes') and have added a Sequencer, I've routed both the Audio and Midi output of the VST to the Sequencer (in addition to the default output of the VST to the Audio Out of XT2 routing).

I have managed to record the audio signal (from B4ii) directly into the Sequencer as an audio track (great!).

I then added the VST to a Midi track in the Sequencer and could record Midi data into the Sequencer. I couldn't figure out how to record both the Audio and Midi output of the VST at the same time

Thanks!

Return to “energyXT”