TAL-Vocoder help...

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Does anybody use the TAL-Vocoder? If so, any advice about getting it to work much appreciated!

I have tried it as an audio track insert and also in modular view, feeding it from an audio track but I can't get any sound out of it.

Cheers
Mark

hudson_m4000 wrote:Hi

Does anybody use the TAL-Vocoder? If so, any advice about getting it to work much appreciated!

I have tried it as an audio track insert and also in modular view, feeding it from an audio track but I can't get any sound out of it.

Cheers
Mark
A vocoder needs a modulator and a carrier - two audio inputs. TAL-Vocoder can run two ways:

1) Using the built-in synth as a carrier. In this mode, you must feed a midi input to TAL-vocoder to play the internal synth as the carrier. The modulator audio signal, such as a drum loop, or voice track, should be routed to the TAL-vocoder audio input.

OR

2) With an external carrier. Turn on "input mode" with the button on the right of the gui. Send two audio sources to the TAL-Vocoder audio input, carrier panned left, modulator panned right.

I think I got that right! :)
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

SWTrex wrote:
hudson_m4000 wrote:Hi

Cheers
Mark
A vocoder needs a modulator and a carrier - two audio inputs. TAL-Vocoder can run two ways:

1) Using the built-in synth as a carrier. In this mode, you must feed a midi input to TAL-vocoder to play the internal synth as the carrier. The modulator audio signal, such as a drum loop, or voice track, should be routed to the TAL-vocoder audio input.

OR

2) With an external carrier. Turn on "input mode" with the button on the right of the gui. Send two audio sources to the TAL-Vocoder audio input, carrier panned left, modulator panned right.

I think I got that right! :)
SWTrex
Yes you did - thanks for that. I found the input mode button worked as soon as I had posted but didn't realize that the built-in carrier needed a midi feed to get it running.

Many thanks
Mark

I'm using the free version of magix music maker and i'd like to know how to get TAL-Vocoder-2 to work in it, i've installed it into the vstplugins folder but in settings i don't have the option to add the plugin, is there another way to add it into the free version?

Return to “energyXT”