How to clear/update plugin name vs plugin ID in Logic and GarageBand?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use the same "Plugin ID" for both the demo and full versions of my plugins so that they are compatible. If someone saves a project with the demo version installed then later purchases the full version the saved projects will load and work with the purchased version.

That approach is working everywhere EXCEPT with Logic and GarageBand. Once the demo version is installed that name seems to be locked to the plugin ID and cached somewhere. After removing the demo version, rebooting, installing the paid version and rebooting again the DEMO version name still shows up in Logic's FX list.

The CORRECT name, however, shows up in AUVAL (the Mac OS system) - so this seems to be a cache problem in Logic and GarageBand.

How do you clear and reset the cache file in Logic/GarageBand that is controlling this?

BlueprintInc wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:12 pm Try your luck with this one: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization ... unit-cache
OK, that worked thank you!

Now I have a new question: what are "auval" and "AU Lab" reading that they can report a different plugin name than what Logic/GarageBand shows? Apparently auval, AU Lab and some DAWs read directly from the Plug-ins/Components folder while Logic and GarageBand (any others?) read from the audiounits cache folder?

BTW - I wasn't clear/complete in my OP. After replacing the demo plugin with the full version plugin and rebooting the full version plugin works and shows the correct GUIs, etc., in Logic. The only thing that's wrong is the plugin name that shows up in the FX menus and the plugin GUI footer. IMO, a cache system that loads the correct plugin CODE but the wrong plugin NAME is broken. :?

You know what to do: clear cache of your plugin at first run of non-demo version.

And / or talk to the Apple, try to file a bug report.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”