iZotope Vocalsynth2 (Problem with openGL)2

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I open Vocalsynth I get the message "Your OpenGL graphics drivers are only version .... version 2.0 or later is required", but I have OpenGL 3.1 ... How can I solve this? I had the same problem with the VCV rack, but I solved it with a .cmd file I found in github (but it was specific to vcv).

Note: In windows 7 It worked perfectly, this problem came after going to windows 10.
I do not have a video card ... Only Intel HD Graphics 2000.
And the drivers are installed correctly.2

So if I understand this correctly, then according to https://github.com/pal1000/save-legacy-intel-graphics the drivers just give up in Win10 if the application claims to support Win10 (which apparently changes some low-level APIs, which the driver would have to support) and Intel is apparently never going to do anything about it.

It should probably be noted that in the case of plugins, the "application" is almost certainly the host. You could TRY running your host in Win7 compatibility mode and see if that helps, but .. no idea really.

The above page seems to be just about all the actually useful information I could find on the subject. You could try to get in touch with the people involved in that GitHub project, but frankly it looks like the type of issue that's probably going to be causing you more and more problems as time goes on.

If this happens to be a desktop system, then I'd actually suggest buying some modern low-end GPU (eg. the $50 stuff is probably fine and you can get those with passive cooling), just so you don't need to think about it... but I'm guessing this is laptop?

mystran wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:02 am So if I understand this correctly, then according to https://github.com/pal1000/save-legacy-intel-graphics the drivers just give up in Win10 if the application claims to support Win10 (which apparently changes some low-level APIs, which the driver would have to support) and Intel is apparently never going to do anything about it.

It should probably be noted that in the case of plugins, the "application" is almost certainly the host. You could TRY running your host in Win7 compatibility mode and see if that helps, but .. no idea really.

The above page seems to be just about all the actually useful information I could find on the subject. You could try to get in touch with the people involved in that GitHub project, but frankly it looks like the type of issue that's probably going to be causing you more and more problems as time goes on.

If this happens to be a desktop system, then I'd actually suggest buying some modern low-end GPU (eg. the $50 stuff is probably fine and you can get those with passive cooling), just so you don't need to think about it... but I'm guessing this is laptop?
I've tried with win7 compatibility mode, but unfortunately it did not solve :/

I have a desktop(It's old, but for now it's what I have.), so I'll probably just fix this if I buy GPU ... As you suggested.

So thank you man!

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”