How do EQ plugins manage to draw the frequency response?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

filters filter audio with an equation, spectrum analysers analyse audio with like, sinusoids or fft and stuff. wether one or the other uses frequency domain or time domain makes no difference. lookup tables? are you a reaktor beginner who pilfered a high end users archive and now think you.
nah

i guess people don't care about hard drive space, i mean text doesn't cost much, but it really is the thought that counts.

why not look at the ground. count in your mind the elements around your feet you understand the names of, then like, look in the mirror and do that

You need to check if it's the calculation or the drawing that's not performing. You could store the magnitude calculations and only refresh them when the EQ filters change.

we basically hate ourselves because of this idea of profit. no one can stand to think that someone should profit without knowing the stuff. its like the worst horror from hell, to see another person profit now, because we all know what happens subsequently.

maybe i've missed something about your method but if you want to do a curve of the eq you can do it the same way you do any graphic display, with a fourier transform and log10 teh mag bins. to derive the 'curve' of a filter or whatever use an impulse response with 1.0 for the first sample and 0 for all other samples then process them with your eq then you can fourier it.

its basic stuf but sometimes you can use a push thinking about how to flip things around. i think it would be really great if more people could do the part where they think of how to flip things around but its like an exclusive skill to be able to do things. i just think its all wrong and it needs to change or its going to hurt itself in a perfect world where everybody can do everything but there's no one left to sell anything to or want things someone else is doing. think about that. ima ride this thing all teh way to the end of the paragraphs isn't it.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”