Delphi Vst questions

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

I have written some software before in delphi and also some vst for my own needs, not relesed, and now I have some ideas that I would like to develop (after 10 years of not developing).

I have Delphi CE and downloaded this collection and tryed to install.
https://github.com/RuudErmers/DelphiASI ... mples-2018

Things works but there is a problem that non of the examples can find gvst_midikey. I can find it but non of the projects. I added the path to the library.
Can someone help me understand what I do wrong? I cant install the GUI package.

But. To develop my VSTi- idea I only need a gui that responds to midi events. I cant figure out how to get a lable on the editor to show the number of the key sent by midi.
It does not need to send any audio to host. Just modify the gui from midi.

Can someone give me some directions of how?
Thanx.
/M

Christian's ASIO/VST components is a treasure because it can teach you quickly how things can be done. However it hasn't been supported for a long time.

And in the meantime Delphi has changed, to give an example: the native String type which used to correspond to AnsiString is now a WideString. Breaking most components and interfaces that haven't been maintained.

That means that there's work to be done to get these components working.

I would start out with as little 3rd party material as possible, so you don't have to start out correcting a lot of legacy code. There's a Delphi translation of the VST 2.4 headers (DVST). While that may need updating too, with the example it offers enough of a starting point to get a VST done in Delphi.

//Daniel

Well, in fact, Christian's ASIO/VST components still work out-of-the box in Delphi. In my repository I just added them for convenience, but apart from a few tiny mistakes, they are equal and they run fine under Delphi CE Tokyo in both 32 and 64 bit mode. The only problem I had was the packaging which was not updated to latest versions. Fantastic work and for me the highlight I have ever seen in Open source development (PS. to Magseg, if you need help, just mail me. Maybe there are some tiny problems but if you overcome them, you have a fantastic start development set and I mean Christian's stuff)

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”